Hello from NW Pennsylvania

rupe

Hello! I just joined to learn and share with other enthusiasts. My wife and I just adopted a Russian Tortoise last weekend and we want to provide the best home possible.
I have a tremendous amount of experience keeping and breeding a variety of snakes and lizards, but this is our first tortoise. I look forward to learning from all of you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Be sure to check out the pinned topics at the top of the Russian section.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hey there and welcome from Texas! I keep Redfooted, but Russians are adorable, full of energy and personality. They also dig and climb! so watch out:) We have great info on Russians on here. Just check out our "beginners mistakes" and the "species specific" section (look for your species there. You have lots of reading to do, so enjoy! Ask questions, share your thoughts/experiences, post pictures and make friends! Enjoy!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Welcome! We are probably "neighbors" as I'm in northeast Ohio, about an hour from PA.

rupe

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've already found some great information...glad I found this forum!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum!:tort:

Please post pics of your tort and his/her enclosure. Ask any question whenever in doubt, and good luck!:D

rupe

A very warm welcome to the forum!:tort:

Please post pics of your tort and his/her enclosure. Ask any question whenever in doubt, and good luck!:D
Chewy.jpg
Here's our Russian (Chewy). No pics of the enclosure...we're currently using a large storage bin outfitted with a 4" base of a 50/50 soil/sand mix with a heat lamp, UV lamp, shallow water dish, and hollow log. We are looking at plans to build our permanent enclosure soon.
Thanks!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
View attachment 176733
Here's our Russian (Chewy). No pics of the enclosure...we're currently using a large storage bin outfitted with a 4" base of a 50/50 soil/sand mix with a heat lamp, UV lamp, shallow water dish, and hollow log. We are looking at plans to build our permanent enclosure soon.
Thanks!
Very good looking! GOD bless.

Please give your tort daily soaks in warm water so as to avoid dehydration and pyramiding.

Can't wait to see the enclosure. Good luck!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Hi and welcome. I too am a neighbor from n e Ohio. Youngstown, not to far from pa. Russians are great torts and so is this forum. Have fun and learn!

rupe

Hi and welcome. I too am a neighbor from n e Ohio. Youngstown, not to far from pa. Russians are great torts and so is this forum. Have fun and learn!
I'm a quick trip across I-80 from you (Clarion, PA area)