Hello from NY State

nkkritters

Hi, my name is Nancy and I live in NY State, near Rochester. I am the caretaker of a Cherry head Red foot tortoise named Salsa. I got him from a fellow Wildlife rehabber who had given him to a student. When she went to college, her mother tried caring for him. When I got him he was in terrible condition. His lower beak was overgrown and his skin hardly recognizable . I have had him five years now and glad to say he is doing great! I had a vet trim his beak under sedation, gave him a good diet, exercise and moisture. He has some pyramiding from before. He loves to follow me and my 16 year old dog around the house when I let him out. I also have three aquatic turtles. I live in a an apartment now, so am limited to species I rehabilitate. I have helped several hit by car turtles and orphaned squirrels. Previously I rehabbed anything from deer to hummingbirds. I used to raise donkeys, and peafowl and many other critters.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
You are BUSY.......Good for you and God bless your heart. Welcome and good to have you here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Nancy, and welcome to our Forum. It sounds like you are going to fit right in.

nkkritters

Thank you Yvonne! It is nice to communicate with others who share the same passion.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Nancy welcome to the TFO from AZ . What kind of water turtles do you have ?

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

nkkritters

Thank you Grandpa Turtle. I have a Red Eared Slider that I got from a someone whose kids let the others die. I got him the size of a half dollar, his eyes shut and very lethargic. I had to give him vit and antibiotic injections. That was 12 years ago. I also have two Yellow Bellied Sliders.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome from Texas! New York get a rope! Ha ha Have you ever seen that salsa commercial?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I to have water turtles :lrg . River cooters , res , painted turtles , s.painted turtle , false map turtle . But most of what gets talked about is torts . Have a great tort day!

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum