Hello from Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Unfortunately I lost them in a housefire about a year ago but they have been replaced by 6 little hatchlings and 2 "rescues". So you now have the seniors. You say you got yours from the Toledo Zoo, I've heard they have Burmese Mtns there. I also have gotten one those characters (he reminds me personality wish of a RF).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Feylin said:
Have people around here owned their tortoises for as long as Lois and I? I kind of assumed that's just how it worked.....

My very first tortoise was Mi-Shell, a California desert tortoise. I took her in about 35 years ago. I still have her, but she is very sick with an infection (abcess) on her head that has a bad strain of bacteria that is almost impossible to kill. For the past three years we've been trying everything we can but we can't get rid of it. Now it has gone into the bone. I'm afraid I'm going to lose her.

Yvonne

Yvonne that must be really devastating. Hard to do everything you can and to still be seeming to lose the battle. 35 years seems like a long time, but I know to you it's been way too short a time. Maybe some how things will turn around. *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.