Hello from SE Louisiana!!

StephsMe

Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Louisiana
My name is Stephanie and I am the new mom of two Leopards. LittleFoot is 7 months and very light in color purchased from a local fish store with unknown history, and the other is Morla, an 8 week old, purchased from Diamondbp with great background and full of valuable knowledge!
I also have three boxies, I keep African cichlids (peacocks and frontosa), 3 dogs, and a two year old who loves the animals as much as I do.

I love the unique personalities of each of my leopards (and boxies) and learn something new everyday!! I'm so excited to now be a part of a group who loves them as much as I do. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1464363236.783773.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1464363248.884809.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1464363276.368782.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1464363300.500406.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1464363320.934463.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum! :tort: Your torts are gorgeous! GOD bless.

Kindly note that torts do not like company, therefore they are to be separated. Otherwise, "war" and bullying begin.:(

Please read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread as well as different care sheets. And do not hesitate to ask any question when you need help.

What of enclosures?

StephsMe

Southeast Louisiana
A very warm welcome to the forum! :tort: Your torts are gorgeous! GOD bless.

Kindly note that torts do not like company, therefore they are to be separated. Otherwise, "war" and bullying begin.:(

Please read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread as well as different care sheets. And do not hesitate to ask any question when you need help.

What of enclosures?

My Leopards are housed together indoors in a large Rubbermaid container at the moment (2x3ish...). Both seem to be doing well, and do get time away from each other. If they seem "stressed" in any way they will be separated ASAP! I want only what is best for my babies and am learning new things everyday about bettering their care. They currently just do their own thing and tend to avoid each other.
My boxies are outdoors in a 4x8ish enclosure.

I will continue to read up and learn more about these unique creatures. Will post enclosure photo when I can. Don't have a current one since they have been moved.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I know exactly what pet store you are talking about. Been there a bunch of times. I work in NOLA pretty regularly. Next time you enjoy some Cane's, think of me. :) I sure miss their sweet tea and toast.

I'll bet you got great care info from Diamond, but feel free to ask any questions you like.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, Stephanie, and welcome to the Forum!

Whoa!! Morla is really dark. I'll be interested in watching her grow and develop.

StephsMe

Southeast Louisiana
Thank y'all so much!!! Yeah, I live in Pearl River and Delta is my "go to" local pet store. I love the people who work there and they are great to get you started, but they can't be experts in everything.

I have been very impressed with what I have been reading on this forum and how knowledgeable people are. It's amazing how long some members have been keeping torts!! I hope to be that way down the line.

Diamond told me to read your care sheet and follow it closely Tom.