Hello from south Florida

TortyLuv

Location (City and/or State)
Jupiter, Florida
Hi all,

I live in sunny south Florida and just found this wonderful forum. We bought a baby Sulcata several years ago and really enjoyed caring for him. Unfortunately, a contractor left our gate open, torty got out and was killed by a car....The family and I are devastated and will make sure nothing like this ever happens again. Nothing will ever replace him but we got a baby red footed tort the other day. We're looking forward to raising him and hopefully more. We have 2.5 acres so there's plenty of room to separate everyone. From what I've read on this forum, there's a lot of controversy about "tortoise rescues". I would like to make a legitimate attempt at this though, at least for a few. No breeding, no profit, no neglect....just love and care for torties in need. If you know any south Floridians in need looking for a torty home, please send them my way. I'm really in awe of these animals, especially the big ones and we have the room for them to live out happy lives. I'd be happy to allow a visit to my property, face time etc....Thanks and I look forward to being a contributing member on the forum.

TortyLuv

Jupiter, Florida
Here's our Sulcata at our old house....He was such a sweetheart

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220428-123458_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-123458_Gallery.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20220428-123336_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-123336_Gallery.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 8

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome to the forum.
@mastershake has a rescue in Florida in I believe.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome, I commend you for wanting to take in rescues.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
we are in sarasota county if you have questions. we are an official 501c3 and have been doing this a long time. we have many animals here. we work with all reptiles but torts are kind of one we ended up being sort of a specialty with. not sure of your local laws there in your county but be sure to check those some areas of fl do have stricter laws then others as far as grazing animals which many torts are considered here.

Maddoggy

Vero Beach Florida
Welcome to the forum. I have a 11in. Sulcata male who is up for adoption. I do have an interested party who passed the vetting that a conscientious tort owner has to do before giving one up for adoption. If for some reason that falls through Ill contact you to see if you might be interested in adoption