Hello from South New Jersey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelle1101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westville, NJ
[/size][/font]Hello!

My name is Michelle, I am the proud mommy of 2 sulcata tort's. Ms. Peabody (who is currently missing) is many years old. I've had her for about 5 years now. She was given to me by a college kid that had no idea what he was doing with her nor did he know how old she was. Then there is Mack who is a 2 - 3 month old hatchling. I am very excitied to have the oppurtunity to raise Mack from a young age as I missed all that with Ms Peabody. I discovered this site via a very nice woman who responded to my Craig's List ad regarding my missing tort. I am looking forward to learning from others as well as helping with advice where I can.

Best!
Michelle

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Michelle! Glad your here, but sorry it's because of a missing tortoise. So did you get the little one, after you lost Ms. Peabody? I do like the name Ms. Peabody. :D

Chelle1101

5 Year Member
Westville, NJ
No we've had both. Ms Peabody got her name because she use to consistantly pee on me when I first got her. I was new to owning a tort and once I figured out that if I don't put pressure on her underside she doesn't pee! And thank you for the welcome!

Jacqui said:
Hi Michelle! Glad your here, but sorry it's because of a missing tortoise. So did you get the little one, after you lost Ms. Peabody? I do like the name Ms. Peabody. :D

Chelle1101

5 Year Member
Westville, NJ
Thanks for the welcome! And no we got the hatchling prior to Ms Peabody's disappearance act - she's been missing for 2 1/2 weeks now.

NJ Scando

5 Year Member
Sjersey metro phila. Area
:( Nj scando has ms. Peabody and is bummed out(attached). Piggy tortoise has been feasting on tomatoes,non "poisoned" grass,chickweed,sm. amt. of bananas,and a little bit of kitten chow it was swiping from the neighborhood kitty(Zeus). Heard lots of protein is bad,so I grabbed kitty chow from scarffing tortoise.Everything eats kitten/cat chow(birds,slugs,possums,skunks,raccoons,and some people lately).Had to make reinforcements(netting),to stop dogs snouts from trying to harm our friend.Spending last mins./hrs of quality time w/tortoise before I have to cough it(her)up.thanks fellow members(friends)for your help. :( waaaaahhhhh !!! I Feel like snoopy looking at his crashed sopwith camel. will still come on forum to look at all members pics. This is my 5th rescue this year(2 box,2 painters and this sulcata makes 5 . Need 2 more to make 7(good luck),need work like many of you out there. Cao

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
NJ Scando said:
:( Nj scando has ms. Peabody and is bummed out(attached). Piggy tortoise has been feasting on tomatoes,non "poisoned" grass,chickweed,sm. amt. of bananas,and a little bit of kitten chow it was swiping from the neighborhood kitty(Zeus). Heard lots of protein is bad,so I grabbed kitty chow from scarffing tortoise.Everything eats kitten/cat chow(birds,slugs,possums,skunks,raccoons,and some people lately).Had to make reinforcements(netting),to stop dogs snouts from trying to harm our friend.Spending last mins./hrs of quality time w/tortoise before I have to cough it(her)up.thanks fellow members(friends)for your help. :( waaaaahhhhh !!! I Feel like snoopy looking at his crashed sopwith camel. will still come on forum to look at all members pics. This is my 5th rescue this year(2 box,2 painters and this sulcata makes 5 . Need 2 more to make 7(good luck),need work like many of you out there. Cao

I am glad you two found each other and Ms Peabody will be going home. You do realize, there are lots of sulcata out there needing new adoptive homes, if this episode has got you thinking about how much you would like one. Thank you for all you did to bring this tortoise home!

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
NJ Scando said:

You are a completely amazing person for helping this tortoise, and I'm soooo happy she's getting reunited with her family.

Chelle1101

5 Year Member
Westville, NJ
Well Ms. Peabody is home safely. She couldn't have come across a nicer couple if she tried!!! Thank you so much for everyone's help in bring her home to us!! Mack is grateful "its" big sister is home to show it the ropes! And thank you to NJ Scando & his family for taking such good care of her! You are welcome to see her anytime!!!

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Glad your tort was found :D It was cool that we could identify it as a Sulcata cuz he saw my profile pic :D

Status
Not open for further replies.