Hello from South Texas !!!

TexTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Pearland, TX
Hello Fellow Tortoise lovers!
My best friend, Brandon and I have 3 Sulcata tortoises: a 7 yr old male- Locke; a 7 month old male- Thor; and our little Princess- a 6 month old whom the vet has "guessed" is a female- her name is Shelle.
I fell in love with Brandon's tortoise, Locke. He loves affection, scratches, playing soccer and chases us all over the yard (he is very fast). So, I decided to adopt a friend of my own. We went to Repticon show and after holding every single baby there--this little beauty actually "kissed" us both on the nose and we knew she was the one. She is perfectly gorgeous, symmetrical and most believe she was "painted". Loads of personality to boot. We own a Massage therapy studio and one of our clients offered us a 4 month old baby that was not eating and i just knew we could nurse him back. He came to us very malnourished, incredibly dehydrated and the vet was not sure he would live. After many hydration and b-complex injections, we were told he had 4 days to start eating or he was getting a tube placed in his throat to feed him. I am an ex-nurse and an avid juicer, so the light bulb came on and after 2 weeks of "force feeding" little Thor vegis with a syringe--he began to gain weight. Over a 3 week period-he gained 15 gms. After spending the day with Locke and Shelle-- he just started eating and now you can't stop him! We are happy to say, we now have 3 very healthy and happy Sulcatas. Locke lives outside in his own yard area and at present- the little ones live in a habitat that we built and keep in the lobby at our Studio. Our clients have fallen in love with them. They have alot of outside time as well and are buddies at this time, while being aware that this will change. I am designing the outdoor habitat that will provide them each their own space as they get bigger.
I will post pictures to show off our tort family soon !!

Lili

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lili, and welcome to the Forum!

What kind of tortoises are they?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Glad to here the little one is doing good. Also glad you know about them not being able to live together. Waiting to see pics.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi from the UK Lili. Sounds like they are in good hands. There's always something new to learn though so check out the caresheet for sulcatas , the Enclosures thread is also great f0ro ideas and I have also found the Beginners Mistakes thread useful. This is a great forum to find advice and answers or even offer the benefit of your own experience. Looking forward to meeting your 3 torts.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Looking forward to pics.

Tort Love

Hello Fellow Tortoise lovers!
My best friend, Brandon and I have 3 Sulcata tortoises: a 7 yr old male- Locke; a 7 month old male- Thor; and our little Princess- a 6 month old whom the vet has "guessed" is a female- her name is Shelle.
I fell in love with Brandon's tortoise, Locke. He loves affection, scratches, playing soccer and chases us all over the yard (he is very fast). So, I decided to adopt a friend of my own. We went to Repticon show and after holding every single baby there--this little beauty actually "kissed" us both on the nose and we knew she was the one. She is perfectly gorgeous, symmetrical and most believe she was "painted". Loads of personality to boot. We own a Massage therapy studio and one of our clients offered us a 4 month old baby that was not eating and i just knew we could nurse him back. He came to us very malnourished, incredibly dehydrated and the vet was not sure he would live. After many hydration and b-complex injections, we were told he had 4 days to start eating or he was getting a tube placed in his throat to feed him. I am an ex-nurse and an avid juicer, so the light bulb came on and after 2 weeks of "force feeding" little Thor vegis with a syringe--he began to gain weight. Over a 3 week period-he gained 15 gms. After spending the day with Locke and Shelle-- he just started eating and now you can't stop him! We are happy to say, we now have 3 very healthy and happy Sulcatas. Locke lives outside in his own yard area and at present- the little ones live in a habitat that we built and keep in the lobby at our Studio. Our clients have fallen in love with them. They have alot of outside time as well and are buddies at this time, while being aware that this will change. I am designing the outdoor habitat that will provide them each their own space as they get bigger.
I will post pictures to show off our tort family soon !!

Lili
Hello welcome

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Lilli, Brandon, Locke, Thor and Princess and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Hope to see photos of your Tort family soon.
In the mean time, read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun.

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
Hello, Lilli, Brandon, Locke, Thor and Princess and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Hope to see photos of your Tort family soon.
In the mean time, read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun.

I call her our princess, her name is Shelle. I think I confuse people. Lol

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I call her our princess, her name is Shelle. I think I confuse people. Lol
Sorry, my bad, didn't read it properly.
Apologies to Shelle, the Princess, I hope she'll find it in her heart to forgive me.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here. Welcome! ! !

Waiting for you to share some pics with us.

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
I'm working on uploading pics... this is a start.
Shelle is the darker baby on the left and Thor is the little guy on the right. More to come !

Attachments

• tmp_15022-20150618_203142-1548475404.jpg
    tmp_15022-20150618_203142-1548475404.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 9

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
Favorite place- taking a nap on daddy's lap.

Attachments

• 20150530_203844.jpg
    20150530_203844.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
Locke still not quite sure what this little thing is..but, still no aggression. We watch close.

Shelle napping with daddy.

Locke taking a swim break. Love spa time!

Thor having morning coffee with mom as day gets started at work

Locke and that handsome, I'm a bad... smile.
All of our babies are quite photogenic. Or just humoring momma. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20150506_115949.jpeg