Hello from south Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sendie

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lake Jackson, TX
Just thought I'd take a minute to say hello since I've been reading here the past few days when I get a chance and enjoying everyone's stories. We have 3 tortoises right now - a Hermann's that my friend's son named Shelly, and 2 Black Mountain torts named Burp and Fart. In a few weeks we will be getting another Hermann's that the breeder is very kindly holding for me until it gets a bit older. (Its only 2 weeks old right now and I was scared to take care of one that young!)

I'm fascinated by sulcatas, but at the moment they are something to think about. We have the land (over 20 acres for our buffalo) but with my luck I'd get one with traveling fever and have interesting stories for everyone to read, LOL!

Speaking of reading, I'll end this and get back to reading here and learning as much as I can, I just wanted to say HI!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi "Sendie": Welcome to the forum.

Yvonne

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome to the forum.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Those names are certainly different. :D Have this thought in my head that one gets out and you go up to a stranger and ask, "Have you seen my tortoise,
Fart?" Just sitting here visualizing the response. :D

Are the buffs for pets or livestock? Just wondering, if you have ever tried ridding any of them.

sendie

10 Year Member!
Lake Jackson, TX
Jacqui said:
Those names are certainly different. :D Have this thought in my head that one gets out and you go up to a stranger and ask, "Have you seen my tortoise,
Fart?" Just sitting here visualizing the response. :D

Are the buffs for pets or livestock? Just wondering, if you have ever tried ridding any of them.

Never thought of that, if that ever happens I guess I won't be mentioning their names :p

The buffs are livestock, we have 5 right now (hopefully 2 of the heifers are pregnant) but 1 is freezer bound this summer. We call him Ribeye. I don't think we'll ever ride one either, not something I'd want to try but you're welcome to try it :D

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
That's my kinda buff ribeye lol....anyways welcome:D

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
I have a friend who's teenagers named their puppy "Sex Machine". When it got out of the yard we were laughing too hard to help look. He was walking around the neighborhood yelling the dog's name. We were almost afraid of what else he would get. LOL

Dawna

sendie

10 Year Member!
Lake Jackson, TX
jorrow said:
That's my kinda buff ribeye lol....anyways welcome:D

Last year's freezer calf was Stewie for Stew Meat, year before that was "Bill on the Grill". We've also had Sirloin, Hamburger, T-bone, etc. The kids learned early that if it was named after food - DON'T get attached. Buttercup or Daisy were safe. Its become a tradition now.

As for Sex Machine!! I'm afraid I would have had to be calling "here Doggie!" LOL!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
sendie welcome to the forum :) Yeh, love the names. I have a friend whose named his dog Stinky lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.