Hello from sunny England

Gordi

Location (City and/or State)
Warwickshire,England
Hi everyone, names Gordi, been keeping torts about ten years 37 if you include the family tort we had growing up. How he lived so long is beyond me, he ate everything he shouldn't and was never provided with heat lamps etc. but I'm guessing had we known better he would have lived longer than the 37 yrs we had him. I have a ten year old female Russian, two Ibera and a sully hatchling. Used to foster torts and had two adult Leo's and a number of sulcata which I kept for three years. But I wanted my own so no longer have them since moving house.i acquired this one as the owners bought what they thought was a spur thighed , which it is but they wanted a med species. So I have this little munchkin to bring on. How could I say no !! Lol .... I also keep tarantulas and shih Tzu dogs and breed and judge Malaysian serama have found the chamber rearing info a real inspiration, I've been having this argument here in the uk. So will be interesting and exciting to grow this chap on in the right way ! Watch this space image.jpg ,

Killerrookie

Hi everyone, names Gordi, been keeping torts about ten years 37 if you include the family tort we had growing up. How he lived so long is beyond me, he ate everything he shouldn't and was never provided with heat lamps etc. but I'm guessing had we known better he would have lived longer than the 37 yrs we had him. I have a ten year old female Russian, two Ibera and a sully hatchling. Used to foster torts and had two adult Leo's and a number of sulcata which I kept for three years. But I wanted my own so no longer have them since moving house.i acquired this one as the owners bought what they thought was a spur thighed , which it is but they wanted a med species. So I have this little munchkin to bring on. How could I say no !! Lol .... I also keep tarantulas and shih Tzu dogs and breed and judge Malaysian serama have found the chamber rearing info a real inspiration, I've been having this argument here in the uk. So will be interesting and exciting to grow this chap on in the right way ! Watch this space View attachment 127345 ,
I'm the first to welcome you yes!!!! Welcome to the forum and hope you like it here!!

Gordi

Warwickshire,England
Lol. thank you killerrookie, have been trawling through some great info. Really happy to have found the site. It's always good to learn more about our shelled charges :0)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hello from rainy South Wales! We've had some great weather lately in UK haven't we? My leopard was a bit restless today as it was too cold for him to go out and it's raining tonight. Sounds like you have loads of experience already. I've already learnt so much from everyone here and I'm sure you'll be able to make valuable contributions to help novices like me too, so welcome.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Gordi!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Glad you're already finding your way around and getting some good information.
A lot of the information out there is rather dated, but we like to think we have the most complete and up to date data available.
But we're also all still learning, so I'm sure your experience will be invaluable.
Read, learn, share and ask questions.
And enjoy.

donna torti

Hi there I'm from sunny England too . Hope you get all the knowledge you need I have learnt loads in a few months welcome

Gordi

Warwickshire,England
This is my Russian .... She was actually rescued from a house where I had gone to collect a St. Bernard to be re homed. As I was leaving I spotted it in the bin in the kitchen, when I commented on how sad it was, they said it wasn't dead, but they were "gettin rid" as the daughter was bored and didn't bother with it, needless to say it came home with me. She lives out March-October and hibernates through the winter in the fridge. She eats like a horse if permitted and climbs fences with ease. She's very comical and extremely fast !!

image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You mean she was in the dust bin??????? OMG. It's so sad how some people don't value life.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank goodness you were there! Looks like he's thriving

Gordi

Warwickshire,England
Yes sorry... Need to be sure I get meanings across , a bin here is what we put rubbish or waste in, we don't until recently call large containers that you put can use for other things bins.
I should know better, having worked for American travel company in the past lol x

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Been meaning to ask.
Who's the red haired chap in your avatar?
Or is that Gordi ?

donna torti

This is my Russian .... She was actually rescued from a house where I had gone to collect a St. Bernard to be re homed. As I was leaving I spotted it in the bin in the kitchen, when I commented on how sad it was, they said it wasn't dead, but they were "gettin rid" as the daughter was bored and didn't bother with it, needless to say it came home with me. She lives out March-October and hibernates through the winter in the fridge. She eats like a horse if permitted and climbs fences with ease. She's very comical and extremely fast !!

View attachment 127501
She is gorgeous where abouts u live I'm West Yorkshire