Hello from The Blue Ridge Foothills of Virginia!! :-)

Tortoise Mommy

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hello all!! I am a new Russian Tortoise Mommy as of today! ;-) This is something our family has been debating and researching on for about a year now. My daughter LOVES all things turtle/tortoise and we have been studying up on the best breed/type for our household. We had decided we didn't really want to go the aquatic route so that obviously ruled out turtles and we began to focus on tortoises. We finally decided on a Russian Tortoise and made the plunge today!! Little one doesn't know just yet, we've been doing this in secret as a special surprise! Can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out!
We have used this forum to answer alot of our questions over the past year and to figure out just what we needed and what to expect with raising a tortoise, so I'd like to take a minute to thank each and every one of you for all of your questions, comments, and answers through out this entire site!! It has been so helpful and I'm proud to finally have a tortoise of our own! I'm sure I'll have questions in the near future and I'm looking forward to having help from you all. :)

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas

Tortoise Mommy

Virginia
Thanks for the welcome!!! I have read over and over both of those links before bring our Russian baby home! ;-) We are very aware that she will need lots and lots of space! We are currently keeping her in a temporary 50 gallon while my husband builds her a much larger custom habitat. We have a tendency to spoil our pets. :)
Ive added a pic of our new girl, just after being put in her new home. She was being a little shy after first going in. Hope to get more pictures of her soon, right now we're letting her get accustomed to her new surroundings! 1118180126~2.jpg

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome! You certainlt picked a good one to start with. You and your daughter will have tons of fun with it!