Hello from Tucson

Ari

Hi my name is Amber and I live in Tucson, AZ! I just got a leopard tortoise 2 weeks ago! I was told she was 4 months old but I'm beginning to think she might be younger? She's really small and her shell was soft when I got her (it still is but not as bad). She was kept in a dry environment but I have her in a humid environment now. She's grown a little since I got her too, but she still fits in the palm of my hand. She is a pig and eats twice a day and I don't know where she puts it all lol. I know she might not be a she but since she will be my only one she's a she for now until she gets big enough to sex properly.

This is Harley Quinn!

Chow time:
47707F7B-F96F-4EE6-9A4E-9091D43DB032_zpsxyq0zd5n.jpg

Enjoying some time in her outside enclosure:

DC339E9E-D513-4734-8BE7-6DE38E2992F9_zps6effcxch.jpg

Fits in my hand:

81FC94CE-08B9-48F5-99B4-E9F41F8BDF8B_zps0xuwextj.jpg

And a belly view:

6246E1A9-9513-4772-BBD9-BEDB111AD57E_zpsc4f0ivq8.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Amber, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Harley Quinn.
It's hard to be sure, but he looks very young to me, the umbilical notch still seems to be healing.
Beautiful fellow, though.
Looks like you're doing things right, so I'm sure you've read http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
and http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/
and http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/leopard-tortoise-care-sheet.63792/

Reactions: Ari

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum! :)

A cute little tort. GOD bless.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Amber!

Ari

Thanks everyone! @Tidgy's Dad yep I read those and a dozen or more post from members on the leopard section! The umbilical looks to still be healing to me too that's why I thought she might be younger than I was told and she still had her egg tooth last week, this week it seems to be about gone. When I got her it was between her and a hatch mate, I took her home then a few days later I was in the store I got her from and noticed her hatch mate wasn't there anymore and when I asked they said it passed away! It has me really scared for Harley so I've been ever vigilant and trying to make sure everything is spot on in her enclosures! She seems to be healthy and thriving, she's eating and roams her outdoor enclosure for an hour in the morning and evening (we are actually outside right now and she's eating some veggies and exploring)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thanks everyone! @Tidgy's Dad yep I read those and a dozen or more post from members on the leopard section! The umbilical looks to still be healing to me too that's why I thought she might be younger than I was told and she still had her egg tooth last week, this week it seems to be about gone. When I got her it was between her and a hatch mate, I took her home then a few days later I was in the store I got her from and noticed her hatch mate wasn't there anymore and when I asked they said it passed away! It has me really scared for Harley so I've been ever vigilant and trying to make sure everything is spot on in her enclosures! She seems to be healthy and thriving, she's eating and roams her outdoor enclosure for an hour in the morning and evening (we are actually outside right now and she's eating some veggies and exploring)
I'm sure your care is substantially better than that provided at the pet shop.
Keep with the program and all should be well.:)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

Keep up the good work. :D

HammersTow

Tucson, AZ
Hi my name is Amber and I live in Tucson, AZ! I just got a leopard tortoise 2 weeks ago! I was told she was 4 months old but I'm beginning to think she might be younger? She's really small and her shell was soft when I got her (it still is but not as bad). She was kept in a dry environment but I have her in a humid environment now. She's grown a little since I got her too, but she still fits in the palm of my hand. She is a pig and eats twice a day and I don't know where she puts it all lol. I know she might not be a she but since she will be my only one she's a she for now until she gets big enough to sex properly.

This is Harley Quinn!

Chow time:
47707F7B-F96F-4EE6-9A4E-9091D43DB032_zpsxyq0zd5n.jpg

Enjoying some time in her outside enclosure:

DC339E9E-D513-4734-8BE7-6DE38E2992F9_zps6effcxch.jpg

Fits in my hand:

81FC94CE-08B9-48F5-99B4-E9F41F8BDF8B_zps0xuwextj.jpg

And a belly view:

6246E1A9-9513-4772-BBD9-BEDB111AD57E_zpsc4f0ivq8.jpg
Hi there. I'm a newbie too. Welcome. I'm sure you will learn alot. I just joined today and already learned so much my heads gonna pop.

The pictures didn't come thru on my end. Not sure why. But I wanna see.....:(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi there. I'm a newbie too. Welcome. I'm sure you will learn alot. I just joined today and already learned so much my heads gonna pop.

The pictures didn't come thru on my end. Not sure why. But I wanna see.....:(
Hi and welcome
It may be better to start your own thread - this one is 5 years old.
If you post pics of your tort and enclosure you'll get good feedback to help keep him happy and healthy.