Hello from Vancouver Island, meet Ice baby red foot

Icethetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Comox, BC
Hi Everyone, we recently got Ice, our baby red foot, for my son’s 4th birthday.

I’ve done lots of research, but I’ve never owned a tortoise before so I’m grateful to be able to learn from all of you.

Ice (who clearly my son named) got here on August 22, and we love him/her so much!

Ice was hatched April 9, 2019

Attachments

• 80311686-F8C1-43D6-8660-D0F61EF8045A.jpeg
    80311686-F8C1-43D6-8660-D0F61EF8045A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hi Everyone, we recently got Ice, our baby red foot, for my son’s 4th birthday.

I’ve done lots of research, but I’ve never owned a tortoise before so I’m grateful to be able to learn from all of you.

Ice (who clearly my son named) got here on August 22, and we love him/her so much!

Ice was hatched April 9, 2019
Welcome to you and Ice! What a cutie!

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Welcome to the forum! Ice is a cutie! Be sure to click on Tortoise Species at the top of this page and read all the great info about redfoots! You will find all sorts of great info to help with feeding, water, heat, humidity, housing, etc.

Icethetortoise

Comox, BC
Welcome to the forum! Ice is a cutie! Be sure to click on Tortoise Species at the top of this page and read all the great info about redfoots! You will find all sorts of great info to help with feeding, water, heat, humidity, housing, etc.

Thanks so much I have def done this, to help me build the enclosure.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Welcome to the forum, you will learn tons about tortoises here. Great place to come when wanting to learn. The name ice is unique; it's very cute. Nice to meet you guys [emoji4]

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Welcome and wicked name choice! No need to adjust or change when gender is revealed

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I too got a tortoise for my son. He absolutely loved the idea and still remains helpful... except I am now the totally tortoise obsessed mom who owns three and is always thinking of more!!! Lol

Good luck:)

Icethetortoise

Comox, BC
I too got a tortoise for my son. He absolutely loved the idea and still remains helpful... except I am now the totally tortoise obsessed mom who owns three and is always thinking of more!!! Lol

Good luck:)

Yes my son absolutely loves ice. I don’t think we will be getting anymore lol but I guess never say never. [emoji23]