Hello from Wales

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wales
Hi Tort People, Ive recently joined your tribe quite unexpectedly. I am an animal lover and have a few furry ones but about 3 months ago aquired a little greek spur thighed tortoise from a family who were emigrating to australia and couldnt take her. She's called Myshell for now (I know, very original!) anyway ive got lots of questions for those with the knowhow.

See you around

Scott

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Scott I'm also in Wales - are you North or South?
This is a great place to learn and find the most up to date info on torts.
There is a caresheet for greeks under Species Specific which will tell you the best way to look after her.
Beiginners Mistakes will tell you what to avoid and the Enclosures thread is great for ideas on best housing.
So find your way around,read, search and ask as many questions as you like there is always someone around to help.
Looking forward to hearing all about Myshell - and maybe seeing pics?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Scott! I have a desert tortoise named Mi-shell. Great minds think alike!

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Hi Scott I'm also in Wales - are you North or South?
This is a great place to learn and find the most up to date info on torts.
There is a caresheet for greeks under Species Specific which will tell you the best way to look after her.
Beiginners Mistakes will tell you what to avoid and the Enclosures thread is great for ideas on best housing.
So find your way around,read, search and ask as many questions as you like there is always someone around to help.
Looking forward to hearing all about Myshell - and maybe seeing pics?

Hi Lynn, I'm in South Wales near Brecon, how about you? I definitely have a lot of reading up to do! I e posted in the Greek section with a couple questions, having such a strange animal(to me) is a little stressful I really want to get things right for her.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm a bit further South again but love the Brecon area - lovely part of the world.
I know what you mean about being stressful, there is a lot to learn it can be quite daunting - I had no idea about torts when I first rescued one. It can be quite expensive too getting the right uvb, heat and light sources etc but worth it as vets bills can be a lot more!
There's lots you can save money on as well and if you check here before you buy expensive stuff someone will let you know if its OK or wrong e.g. pet shop dishes with steep sides and coiled bulbs that can damage eyes etc Just ask away if you need help.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Scott, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Myshell.
I am half-Welsh and know the Brecons well.
I also have a Greek tortoise and now live in one of the countries Greeks come from.
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.