Hello from Wildomar, CA

Lisa Hamm

Location (City and/or State)
Wildomar, CA
Hi all.
My name is Lisa and I have 2 Sulcata tortoises that my husband got me for my birthday in 2008 plus a desert tortoise that my husband has had since he was about 10 years old. We then inherited a Sulcata tortoise from our neighbors when they lost their property and could not take him. He is over 120 pounds and very large. We have no idea how old he is as they found him wandering the desert i east of San Diego. We have recently adopted 2 male Box Turtles from our neighbor that can no longer take care of them. We love tortoises, turtles, frogs, toads, snakes, dogs, cats, and pretty much all animals. I actually like animals more than people. :) Thank you for this site and I look forward to learning more about the newest box turtles that have joined our family.

Josh Gibbs

San Diego CA
Hi there! I'm down in Escondido, and my sister lives in Wildomar. I just adopted a 13 yr old Sulcata, so I'm still new to tortoises. Sounds like you have lots of shelled critters!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Thanks. Where about in SoCal are you? I am in Temecula Valley (Wildomar to be specific)

I'm in the Newport Coast area, so perhaps an our and a half from you if I take the Ortega highway on a "good" day.

You can see my location under my avatar on the left. It would be great if you could add your own location to your profile. That way if you ask about local weeds, vets, anything like that, members can help you more quickly because they won't have to ask where you live. :)

My aunt and cousin lived in Wildomar for many years; my aunt is in Temecula now.

P.S. I'm not sure about your area but there is a great reptile vet in Yorba Linda, Dr. Tom Greek. In case you are ever in need. :)

Lisa Hamm

Wildomar, CA
Hi there! I'm down in Escondido, and my sister lives in Wildomar. I just adopted a 13 yr old Sulcata, so I'm still new to tortoises. Sounds like you have lots of shelled critters!
Hi Josh. What a small world. What is your sister's name? You know this is a very small little community. Maybe I know her. Yes, I have a total now of 8 shelled creatures and 4 different breeds. I just love their little faces and watching them wander around. Watching them eat is my favorite past time. Especially the box turtles. They are voracious eater and love chasing down creepy crawlies. Too much fun.

Lisa Hamm

Wildomar, CA
I'm in the Newport Coast area, so perhaps an our and a half from you if I take the Ortega highway on a "good" day.

You can see my location under my avatar on the left. It would be great if you could add your own location to your profile. That way if you ask about local weeds, vets, anything like that, members can help you more quickly because they won't have to ask where you live. :)

My aunt and cousin lived in Wildomar for many years; my aunt is in Temecula now.

P.S. I'm not sure about your area but there is a great reptile vet in Yorba Linda, Dr. Tom Greek. In case you are ever in need. :)

Thanks Rosemary. We have a reptile vet in Temecula. Thankfully I have only needed to take my tortoises on just a couple different occasions. Both times for respiratory infection which I hope everyone here knows is NOT like a cold us humans get. They must be treated.

I will go in and update my profile. Hopefully it won't be too difficult. I am not really very "competent" on forums. So many links and easy to get lost in this place.

Josh Gibbs

San Diego CA
Hi Josh. What a small world. What is your sister's name? You know this is a very small little community. Maybe I know her. Yes, I have a total now of 8 shelled creatures and 4 different breeds. I just love their little faces and watching them wander around. Watching them eat is my favorite past time. Especially the box turtles. They are voracious eater and love chasing down creepy crawlies. Too much fun.

Her name is Jen Gutierrez. She and her husband moved there a couple years ago, but she works in San Marcos and he works in Riverside. If you like frogs, you should check out my website ;) Just google: Frog Forest Designs.

Good to meet you!

Lisa Hamm

Wildomar, CA
Her name is Jen Gutierrez. She and her husband moved there a couple years ago, but she works in San Marcos and he works in Riverside. If you like frogs, you should check out my website ;) Just google: Frog Forest Designs.

Good to meet you!
Funny you should mention frogs. My husband and I love the sound of the frogs that a neighbor of ours down the street has. We just built a "frog pond" about 7' long, 4.5' wide, and 12" deep. We added pond plants and we put tadpoles in it. I am sure they are going to be Toads and not Frogs but it is still fun to watch them grow up from little bitty tadpoles into frogs or toads.