Hello guys :) New here!

Erika tort lover

Location (City and/or State)
Novi Sad, Serbia
I'm so happy to be part of this forum :3. Hope to find new tortoise friends here :D

cant wait to find new friends and to learn new stuff from here!!
I have my tortoise Jade for 9 months now and she is really lovely <3
she isnt shy at all and is really visible when she likes someone hehe
She is around three years old and very cute :>

(once i learn how to attach files, i will definitelly post pictures of her 😭)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
I believe Jade is a beautiful little Hermanns.
This is the most up to date caresheet you'll find anywhere that will help you give Jade everything she needs
Ask as many questions as you like to check anything, and if you post some pics of her enclosure and the lamps you use you'll get good feedback to make sure it's all as safe as possible for her.
You may also find www.thetortoisetable.org.uk useful for finding good and safe food for her. It's based on UK plants but you'll have many in common with us.

Erika tort lover

Novi Sad, Serbia
Hi and welcome,
I believe Jade is a beautiful little Hermanns.
This is the most up to date caresheet you'll find anywhere that will help you give Jade everything she needs
Ask as many questions as you like to check anything, and if you post some pics of her enclosure and the lamps you use you'll get good feedback to make sure it's all as safe as possible for her.
You may also find www.thetortoisetable.org.uk useful for finding good and safe food for her. It's based on UK plants but you'll have many in common with us.
im currently in Serbia, but we do have food for tortoise here such as dandelion leaves, fruits and vegies that are safe for tortoises! Thank you so much for welcoming me and Jade <3

zolasmum

5 Year Member
im currently in Serbia, but we do have food for tortoise here such as dandelion leaves, fruits and vegies that are safe for tortoises! Thank you so much for welcoming me and Jade <3
Welcome from England - Jade is lovely, but it would be better not to feed her any fruit ,however much she likes it. Their digestion is not able to process the sugar. We made that mistake when we first had our Hermanns -who is now nearly 22 - we felt bad at first about stopping fruit, but we found lots of other things he enjoyed instead.
Best wishes from Angie

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's great the weeds are back - which should be the main diet at this time of year when picked from chemical and fume free places.
There are lots of foods that are safe for torts but not all are good for them and may have little nutrional value. They love fruits but the sugars in them can make them ill eventually so are best avoided.
The Tortoise Table is a good guide for finding the better foods and if it can't help you ID any plants you can always post pictures here and members can help.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I'm so happy to be part of this forum :3. Hope to find new tortoise friends here :D

cant wait to find new friends and to learn new stuff from here!!
I have my tortoise Jade for 9 months now and she is really lovely <3
she isnt shy at all and is really visible when she likes someone hehe
She is around three years old and very cute :>

(once i learn how to attach files, i will definitelly post pictures of her 😭)
Welcome from New Jersey!!!!
Sorry I’m yelling’ but you kinda far away…!

and as Joey from “friends” says :

“How youuu doin’?” 😏
😂