Hello Guys!

Giancarlo Minotti

giancarlo.jpg

Hello tort peeps! My name is Giancarlo Minotti. Ive always had an obsession with tortoises. My obsession started with my cousins tortoise a couple years ago. Shes the tortoise in my avi picture and the attached pic. Ive decided that i think im ready to care for a tortoise myself. I was doing some reasearch on what type of tortoise to get, outdoor pens, food, health supplements, etc etc. and found yall. I was reading through a couple of these forums and love how everything is put in here, any question is answered, and love all the tortoise pictures. I decided to join and would really appreciate any help i can get to properly care for my future tortoise. Id also appreciate any advice in how to build a proper pen for my location. I live in Houston, Texas. So its hot and humid year round. And the low is 40 degrees F. Also what tortoise is best for my location. I was thinking about a greek but correct me if im wrong. Anyways, Glad i joined already fell in love with all of this. Downloaded the app and everything lol. Id appreciated any help.image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

In your climate, you can keep just about any species without too much effort. Tell us what you want size wise and personality wise. How much space do you have to devote to the tortoise, indoors and out? Does appearance carry a lot of weight with you?

Giancarlo Minotti

Hello and welcome.

In your climate, you can keep just about any species without too much effort. Tell us what you want size wise and personality wise. How much space do you have to devote to the tortoise, indoors and out? Does appearance carry a lot of weight with you?
Hey Tom. Sweet glad to know that! Size doesnt matter to me but maybe a little on the small end, i have a 5ftX18ft area outside in mind next to my shed/garage and maybe i make like an indoor area in the shed that connects to the outside area. If thats too small then i have a 20X20 ft area but its not near the shed but under a large oak. And appearance doesnt matter to me just looking for a friendly tortoise thats a little more on the active side.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hey Tom. Sweet glad to know that! Size doesnt matter to me but maybe a little on the small end, i have a 5ftX18ft area outside in mind next to my shed/garage and maybe i make like an indoor area in the shed that connects to the outside area. If thats too small then i have a 20X20 ft area but its not near the shed but under a large oak. And appearance doesnt matter to me just looking for a friendly tortoise thats a little more on the active side.

I think a russian, hermanni or Marginated tortoise would work best for you. A red foot would work with the larger sized enclosure under the tree.