hello I am new to this forum

CroutonD2012

5 Year Member
Hello everyone

I am new to this site. My name is summer and I live in SC. I have a little
Sulcata named Crouton Dave. He is about 8inches long now and about one month ago he hit the 3 pound Mark :) .
He is my adopted child hahaha!!! He even has his own baby photo album.
I will post pictures on here at some point for yall to see. I do have other pets too such as two Pitt bulls and a lab Pitt mix (they r my life), I also have four cats, Crouton Dave and a leopard gecko. I do have a question in the care for Crouton, I need a list of various plants that I can plant year round for him
To eat in an outdoor enclosure and what kind of "furniture" plants that i can
Have on there for shade and things. Thank you everyone!!! :):tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome!! How big was he when you got him? As for the plants, tortoisetable is a good place to look. For me, it's almost easier to start with what plants I like or am thinking about and see if they are safe, since there are so many plants you can use.

CroutonD2012

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome!! How big was he when you got him? As for the plants, tortoisetable is a good place to look. For me, it's almost easier to start with what plants I like or am thinking about and see if they are safe, since there are so many plants you can use.

Ok I will check that out thank you!!!! He was two and a half inches when I got him a yr and a half ago. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Summer:

Welcome to the Forum!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Not sure what you can grow there, but optunia cactus, mulberry leaves, rose of Sharon leaves and flower hibiscus flower and leaves, roses, grape leaves, hostas, just too name a few.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
It is wonderful to have you here. Can you show us your little “Dave”?

CroutonD2012

5 Year Member
Yes I will put pictures on here of Crouton but it will be later on today @bouaboua. Yea I'm looking and I'm about to buy a couple books on specific types of plants to use. Also finding out about different foods that I could feed him but the more I look the more it seems like I'm feeding him the wrong stuff possibly.... :(. I'm getting confused now.. hes seemed to b doing fine with the food so far. Thank u for the welcome u guys:)