Hello, I am New.

TortoisesCarolina

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Hello, I am TortoisesCarolina. I live in southern NC near the boarder with SC. I own two tortoises. An around 10 year old Cherryhead male (with some pyramiding unfortunately) and a leopard hatchling. I am excited to be a part of this community. Thank you all.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. You do know they can not be housed together, even when the leopard is bigger right?
Be sure to read the caresheet and closed chamber thread on this forum. It will help with hopefully keeping the leopard from pyramiding.

TortoisesCarolina

North Carolina
Hello and Welcome. You do know they can not be housed together, even when the leopard is bigger right?
Be sure to read the caresheet and closed chamber thread on this forum. It will help with hopefully keeping the leopard from pyramiding.
Yes I do know, thank you. I have a large enough yard and home for both of them to be kept separate luckily. I am definitely going to try and figure out a nice close chamber build as I don't want to make the same mistakes I did with my cherryhead when I was younger. Thank you for the warm welcome.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes I do know, thank you. I have a large enough yard and home for both of them to be kept separate luckily. I am definitely going to try and figure out a nice close chamber build as I don't want to make the same mistakes I did with my cherryhead when I was younger. Thank you for the warm welcome.
Don't feel bad. A whole lot of us made the same mistake.
Don't forget to share pics. We love seeing pics.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. Cute tortoises.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Your CH looks great.

Here is the correct care info for the leopard:

Most of the care info found out in the world is wrong. Been wrong for decades, and most tortoise keepers and breeders still don't know. The enclosure you are using tells me you've been given the wrong care info. Questions are welcome.

TortoisesCarolina

North Carolina
Hello and welcome. Your CH looks great.

Here is the correct care info for the leopard:

Most of the care info found out in the world is wrong. Been wrong for decades, and most tortoise keepers and breeders still don't know. The enclosure you are using tells me you've been given the wrong care info. Questions are welcome.
Hello Tom. Thank you so much for both the compliment and for the care guide you made. I read it and it's wonderful. The table is a leftover from when Marty was a hatchling when tortoise tables were what I was recommended at the time. Probably why he is pyramided, at least partly. Once Ian blows over I do plan on building a closed chamber. Do you know of any simple building plans? I am not the greatest carpenter in the world.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello Tom. Thank you so much for both the compliment and for the care guide you made. I read it and it's wonderful. The table is a leftover from when Marty was a hatchling when tortoise tables were what I was recommended at the time. Probably why he is pyramided, at least partly. Once Ian blows over I do plan on building a closed chamber. Do you know of any simple building plans? I am not the greatest carpenter in the world.
I stopped trying to build them. Its cheaper and better to just buy one. I get mine from @Markw84 . He makes "Smart Enclosures" that are the perfect tortoise environment. Designed and built just for tortoises. His price includes everything, including all the heating and electronics, and its cheaper than if you bought all the materials and built it yourself.