Hello! I'm new here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyr369

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone!

I have owned turtles since I was 18 years old. Mu first one was a Red Eared Slider. Over the years I have found that I like tortoises best and I currently own 2 Cherry Headed Red Footed Tortoises. Mikey and Donny. I am learning as I go but I love them. I was told by the pet store that they were both male and that they were brothers from the same clutch. With a little research I found that Mikey is male and around 5 and Donny is female and around 10. Hum, is it possible the pet store has no clue when it comes to tortoises :D But we have made it work and I adore both of them. Donny is reserved and only "talks" to us when is in the mood. Mikey comes out to visit as soon as he hears you open the door. He loves to stick his nose against the glass and watch you walk around! They have also been a wonderful teaching tool for my 6 year old daughter who enjoys helping me care for them and has learned so much about tortoises. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Attachments

• DSCN9522.JPG
    DSCN9522.JPG
    578.4 KB · Views: 24

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Welcome! Everybody here loves to talk torts, and plenty of us are learning as we go, as well!

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
HI
Welcome to the forum
Mike and Donny are beautiful
It is hard to sex them until they are a few years old I am told.
Pleased you are enjoying them.
I enjoy my Red Foots too and all 3 three have very individual characters. Its interesting to observe this as the years go on.
Have Fun.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum. Pet stores are clueless for the most part, they are trying to make a sell and most times they don't know where the tortoise came from so they will say anything.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome....and if you look through the forum...you will see how many times "robert" turns to "roberta" all the time....it is "near" impossible to sex a young tortoise :D

They are beautiful :tort::tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi sammyr369:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

sammyr369

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi sammyr369:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Wait - you want to know about me :) I am Sam and I live in San Tan Valley, AZ (a suburb of Phoenix)

Status
Not open for further replies.