Hello :) I'm new here!

Dan Tennick

Hi all,

I'm Dan from the UK! :) I've just signed up today as I'm going to be a new daddy to a Horsfield Tortoise next month! :D

I've ALWAYS wanted a Tort and have been mad on them for as long as I can remember. My aunts had a tortoise that sadly died last year. He was 93. My aunt got him from her great grandad. :)

I'm so excited to get 'Chester' :) and I really can't wait to talk to you all more as time goes on! :D

Hope you're all well! :)

Dan

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Salutations
Why are you mad at your tortoise? (just kidding around)horsefield's are a great tortoise,enjoy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dan, and welcome to the Forum!

StuMac

5 Year Member
Afternoon! *tips hat*. Where in the UK are you? We are up in Aberdeenshire. Weather not too bad at moment. This is a great forum to learn and share. LOTS of great minds and ideas. Maybe there could be a thread for all things UK here, like supplies and suchlike. It would be good for us to know where to get stuff over here too.

Prepared to become hopelessly addicted once your tort arrives!!

Dan Tennick

Hey Stu.

I'm from Newcastle Upon Tyne :) yeah! Its much harder to find supplies and vets here. I would appreciate some more info on good trusted suppliers and vets. I can't wait to get my Tort! :D

If i wasn't going away on Holiday next month, id get him today! Lol :)

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Hey Stu.

I'm from Newcastle Upon Tyne :) yeah! Its much harder to find supplies and vets here. I would appreciate some more info on good trusted suppliers and vets. I can't wait to get my Tort! :D

If i wasn't going away on Holiday next month, id get him today! Lol :)

Woohoo, another northerner :) Welcome.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think there should be a UK vet list too (unless there is one somewhere else that I've missed...)

I'm very happy to add good UK tortoise vets. We get our info on the vet list from members like YOU, who have good experiences with vets, then tell us about it.

T1ME1

East Anglia, England, United Kingdom
Hi Dan, I am from the UK too. I pick up my first Tort (Greek Spur-Thighed) on Friday.

Would be good if there were a UK section to see where to get the best supplies from. I am also looking for best vet in my area now, just in case something goes wrong in the future!