Hello! Long time no see and a very unfortunate event.

NataliaTG

Location (City and/or State)
Mexico
Hello everybody!

It's been a looong while since I last wrote in this forum. I used to have another account, but I forgot which e-mail I used for that one so I made a new one with my current e.mail.

Anyways.

My name is Nat! nice to meet you :)
I have two texas tortoises, Benjamín and Frankie. I used to have a third tortoise, baby Rex, who was just about a year old and unfortunately passed away almost a year ago. One day I woke up to see him upside down, his shell was a little too round and too tall so he couldn't turn himself back, I had to help him every time, but this time it was too late.

It affected me so, so much. It still does. But Benji and Frankie are totally fine, and have definitely grown!
Benji used to be smaller than Frankie, but now he is bigger and WAY heavier!

Right now they're in an improvised winter enclosure with a small heater. The enclosure is quite small for them, but it's temporary, since where I live it gets cold for a few days, and then it gets warm again. We don't exactly get a proper winter lol As soon as it gets warm again they'll go back to their outdoor enclosure :)

Here's a pic that I just took, they were enjoying the heater so much but then got distracted by my presence and started walking towards me. oops haha. If the weather doesn't change I'll get a heat and UVB lamp.
I'll give them a nice warm soak later in the day. (Also ignore the mesh, I will change it to a better one, I promise)

Anyways, it's nice to be back :)
IMG_20171207_105044302.jpg

zovick

10 Year Member!
Nice looking tortoises. Sorry about the baby one. Was the baby produced by the two adults you still have? I can't tell their sexes from the photo.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think you used to be natalie3. Would you like me to merge the two accounts or just to cancel the natalie3 one. The email was something like lunastella something or other

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, just disregard my previous post. While Natalie3 is in Mexico, I've read her past posts and she has a RES, not Texas tortoises.

NataliaTG

Mexico
Nice looking tortoises. Sorry about the baby one. Was the baby produced by the two adults you still have? I can't tell their sexes from the photo.

Rex was given to me by an aunt who has a couple of tortoises of her own. Mine are actually still quite young, they're pretty small in comparison to the adult ones that I have seen. I calculate that they'll be fully grown in around 5-8 maybe even 10 years :) **Edit. Also I think that Benji might be a male and Frankie a female. But I have my doubts. I've never seen them trying to mate but Benji sometimes displays aggressive behavior towards Frankie, but that hasn't happened in months.

Last edited:

NataliaTG

Mexico
No, just disregard my previous post. While Natalie3 is in Mexico, I've read her past posts and she has a RES, not Texas tortoises.
It was SofiaTG! Sofia is my second name. So now I used my first name instead haha

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Nat and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you, Benjamin and Frankie.:)