Hello New Member Looking to Learn all he can about Testudo

Shawn_3010

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Hello, my name is Shawn and I have been a long term reptile keeper all my life. In particular I focus on more rare or locale specific animals such as locality boa imperators and constrictors as well as Sarasinorum geckos. With whatever species I keep I strive to provide the best husbandry I can with the end goal always being above recommended size bioactive Vivariums with various enriching aspects in place. I recently have been researching into the world of turtle and tortoise keeping and have fallen in love with the Greek tortoises in particular the northern Ibera greek tortoise as the idea of being able to create an outdoor naturalistic setup for a tortoise in my own back yard seems incredible to me and a project I’d love to undertake one day. So for now I’m just keen to lurk on here and research all I can and hopefully in about 1-1.5 years from now I’ll be ready to get a small pair or group of Northern Ibera greek tortoises. Till then looking forward to learning all I can.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

More so than with other reptiles, a lot of the care info given for tortoises is wrong. Its been wrong for decades, and people just don't know it. They keep repeating it generation after generation. I used to do it to.

Here is the care info you seek: