Hello, New to this forum

Spdracer3x

My family and I have come across this tortoise about 3yrs ago now. We posted flyers and notified the local vets of a tortoise we found. With no one coming up to claim him, he is now part of the family along with a chocolate lab and an English bulldog....I just recently put a turtle tag on him... Can anybody let me know if I need to remove it from where I put it or will it be ok there... So everyone meet Tuffrock IMAG0385.jpg

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Hello and welcome! I would remove the tag, might grow into the shell or he could knock it off and eat it. I have seen a lot of people use tape on the back end of shell. When it wears of you just replace it. Put your number and name on it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

You can epoxy that tag onto the middle of a scute either in the very front or in the very back. Here's an example:

DSCN1618.jpg

this is Walking Rock belonging to Zamric.

Prairie Mom

My family and I have come across this tortoise about 3yrs ago now. We posted flyers and notified the local vets of a tortoise we found. With no one coming up to claim him, he is now part of the family View attachment 147239
Hello:) and a warm welcome to the forum. I got my sulcata just like you. No one seemed to want her and we plan to love her forever. I'm glad your tortoise found the right home. Please post how you end up adhering the tag. -I'm curious how that will work out.