Hello! New to tortoises

Jessiek1993

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
Hello, my name is Jess and my boyfriend is Terrence. We are going to be getting a baby Hermann's tortoise this summer. Neither of us have owned a tortoise so I was thrilled when I found this forum. We (mainly my bf) had a red-eared slider however he passed away in December at 25 years old. After much discussion and research, we decided to go with a tortoise instead of another turtle. I look forward to learning as much as possible from actual owners instead of just relying on the articles online. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and welcome. Ignore all other info you have read and stick to only what you read here, on this forum.
We have many many years of experience from long time tortoise owners/breeders/rehabbers and it's the only correct info out there.

Jessiek1993

Kentucky
Thank you so much! There is so much conflicting info so I'm hoping to get better info here.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hi, and welcome!

Start by reading this care sheet, and ask questions about anything you want. We're happy to explain why we say what we do.

It's great that you're here before
you get your tortoise. So often new keepers come to us after they have bought everything and have their baby, only to find out what they bought is not going to work for their tort.

Let us guide you in what to get so we can save you money and headaches by buying the correct stuff.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Jess!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome! You are in the right place.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome and I love my Hermann tortoises.