Hello...new user here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharr43m

5 Year Member
Last month I acquired a Sulcata. Appears to be a girl but still too early to tell. Anyway I call her Sulcata Girl. She is about 8 inches, maybe a 2 year old? I live in Texas on the Rio Grande an hour from the Gulf of Mexico and 15 minutes from the border of Mexico. Mostly it is sunny and hot, little rain but humid. I keep her outside in the Bermuda Grass and sun all day with a wood hutch for shade. I give her a Hibiscus flower or rose every morning. She eats her flower and then I always make grassland pellets available for her. Also always have a dish of water and crushed up cuttlebone. I bring her in at night. She was very shy at first but now is very sociable. Just wondering from others experiences if this all sounds OK? Thank You, Dale.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hello and welcome to TFO. How did you happen to decide on a sulcata? Wondering, do you have a mud wallow for SulcataGirl? I know mine love theirs very much.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) More shade other then just a hut would be nice. Sometimes those huts or houses get really hot. A bush or two or even a log to get under would be good.

NJ Scando

5 Year Member
Sjersey metro phila. Area
pharr43m said:
Last month I acquired a Sulcata. Appears to be a girl but still too early to tell. Anyway I call her Sulcata Girl. She is about 8 inches, maybe a 2 year old? I live in Texas on the Rio Grande an hour from the Gulf of Mexico and 15 minutes from the border of Mexico. Mostly it is sunny and hot, little rain but humid. I keep her outside in the Bermuda Grass and sun all day with a wood hutch for shade. I give her a Hibiscus flower or rose every morning. She eats her flower and then I always make grassland pellets available for her. Also always have a dish of water and crushed up cuttlebone. I bring her in at night. She was very shy at first but now is very sociable. Just wondering from others experiences if this all sounds OK? Thank You, Dale.

They like tomatoes too. Sure is hot down there.white paint on ur shelters wud help.

NJ Scando

5 Year Member
Sjersey metro phila. Area
Tortoise reunification

Hey folks: just gave chelle 1101(think that's right) back her tortoise" ms. Peabody",who on cue peed on her shoe(where she got the name). Happy and depressed(me). Maybe it'll help me get work(positive karma). Then I'll save up or Rescue one of these guys. Took pictures/will post in next week thanks juaqin,josh&727",ect.......

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Pharr!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.