Hello! :) - Recently saved a neglected tortoise, help and suggestions more than welcome! :)

DannyandLiv

Hello tortoise lovers!

My partner and I have recently adopted a baby tortoise. It used to belong at a place which recently got shut down, and we managed to take one to save, off of a kind guy that was rescuing them. By the state of this little one, it's been through a great deal of neglect - but fortunately was not as ill as some of them were reduced to. :(

We're looking for general advice for food and living conditions, and will also be posting some more ambiguous questions to do with restoring it to good health. :) So more details shortly to follow! We really want this tortoise to pull through, and would greatly appreciate any good tips on how to give it the best shot we can.

- Danny and Liv

:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Dany and Liv!!

We'll need to know what kind (species) of tortoise you've adopted in order to give you good info, but in the mean time, give it a good forced soak for about 15 or 20 minutes in warm water.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Welcome to the forum! There's a great deal of information here to help you successfully raise your little Tort! Please start by showing us pics, to identify which species. :)

DannyandLiv

Hi Yvonne G and christinaland128! :)

We're both completely new to tortoises, but we believe it's a Horsefield. Shall be on the case with photos just in case!

- Liv

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome. Were there a lot of animals needing to be rescued?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ , USA . Can you help me understand people want our help but when we ask for Picts of the tort and its enclosure so we can help they send no Picts . If they went to a vet they wouldn't dream of saying I left the tort home . I'm just a little lost .
Please have a great tort day !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a good analogy, Grandpa. It's hard enough to 'diagnose' or give help with a picture, but darned near impossible with no picture. LOL!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Yvonne G.
Thank you for understanding I'm not mad . I just really would like to help them .

DannyandLiv

I was just about to say all information/pics has already been posted in the correct topic as soon as we got tort. This was just to introduce ourselves and say hi :). We all do granpa turtle and that's why we are all here.
Thank you

All the best
Danny and liv

DannyandLiv

Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ , USA . Can you help me understand people want our help but when we ask for Picts of the tort and its enclosure so we can help they send no Picts . If they went to a vet they wouldn't dream of saying I left the tort home . I'm just a little lost .
Please have a great tort day !

Hi Grandpa;

Thank you for wanting to help! :) The links below will lead you to our two other posts, where we have put up some pictures of the tortoise.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...ng-well-name-ideas-please.107356/#post-999484

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...ighs-of-pyramiding-health.107355/#post-999316

- Danny and Liv :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Danny and liv
I'm sorry you miss understand the point when you ask for advice and we ask for pict . You feel we should go look for the Picts to help . But you have a great tort and have a great tort day !