Hello There

McJilton

Hi I am in the Palm Springs, CA area and have acquired a little friend. It was rescued from certain death, a friend found it trying to cross a well traveled road. He is really small and very cute. It is a desert tortoise and my kids have named him Sage.

TerrapinStation

Location (City and/or State)
Detroit, Michigan
Hello and welcome,

+1 on checking laws, I am sure one of the professionals will be along shortly to offer insight on that.

Great job by you and your friend saving the tortoise, hopefully everything woks out.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
The desert tortoise is listed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as a threatened species. Under the provisions of the Endangered Species Act (ESA), anyone who takes (the term "take" means to harass, harm, pursue, hunt, shoot, wound, kill, trap, capture, collect, or attempt to engage in any such conduct) a tortoise is subject to civil and/or criminal penalties of up to a $50,000 fine and one year in jail, or both. BLM assists the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in the enforcement of the Act. The desert tortoise is also considered by California to be a threatened species with associated penalties.

If the family is in love, there are many for adoption.

Welcome!

McJilton

Yes I read all that and have looked into registering it. On the web site it suggests that I wait till it is bigger because the tag will not fit on the shell.