Hello to all,I'm Ron

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
just wanted to introduce myself,i finally bought a Herman's tortoise have wanted one for years,I look forward to meeting other member and search through posts for helpful information.i'm from central Florida,Happy Holidays to everyone,I hope it was happy and safe for everyone

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
This is the most up to date caresheet you need to make sure your tort thrives
Read that through and ask as many questions as you like to clarify anything.
There is a lot of old information about tort care still circulating on other forums, from breeders etc and pet shops are well known for selling unsuitable and unsafe equipment so if you want to post pics of the enclosure with lamps etc you'll get good advice to make sure it's as safe as possible.

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Florida
Hi and welcome,
This is the most up to date caresheet you need to make sure your tort thrives
Read that through and ask as many questions as you like to clarify anything.
There is a lot of old information about tort care still circulating on other forums, from breeders etc and pet shops are well known for selling unsuitable and unsafe equipment so if you want to post pics of the enclosure with lamps etc you'll get good advice to make sure it's as safe as possible.
Thank you very much,this is just what i need for the start,all the best

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Florida
Welcome Ron...don't be afraid to post pictures and ask questions...we love photos...This is Mary...View attachment 338182
Hello Mary,Yes i belong to a forum for another hobby of mine,I and all members never get tired of pics and videos of the builds and of abilities of use and skill of accuracy,very nice to meet you

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Florida
Hello Mary,Yes i belong to a forum for another hobby of mine,I and all members never get tired of pics and videos of the builds and of abilities of use and skill of accuracy,very nice to meet you
@maggie3fan sorry for being slow and calling you Mary i didn't notice the pic,that must be amazing for a tortoise,she is a beautiful Sulcata

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Is there a member fee i can pay to get rid of all the commercials i can hardly read responses for all of the adds :)
Yes there is but I don't know how you do it.
There used to be something to click on but I can't find it.

Just found it - scroll to the bottom of the page and look for 'Become a supporting member' ( it has a black background)
I'm on my laptop it may be different on a phone

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Florida
Yes there is but I don't know how you do it.
There used to be something to click on but I can't find it.

Just found it - scroll to the bottom of the page and look for 'Become a supporting member' ( it has a black background)
I'm on my laptop it may be different on a phone
Thank you very much,hope you have a great day and a new year,if i don't speak to you before the big day we leave this depressing world changing year behind :)

Last edited: