Hello to everyone , Im a soon to be Sulcata owner ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoyle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamilton, Ontario, CAN
Hey,

My name is Blair.
I live in Ontario, Canada.

Im picking up my young Sulcata tortoise tomorrow afternoon.

It will be my first tortoise, and I'm totally excited!.

I'm looking forward to actively participating on this forum , from what I've read there are some great people here.

I used to breed Ball pythons, Panther and Carpet Chameleons as well as African Sand Boas. So I'm not new to the herp scene. Just new to tortoise life.

Over the last week I have been building a custom tortoise enclosure for my young sulcata. I will be posting pictures and plans of the enclosure soon.

I've been making custom enclosures for reptiles for nearly 10 years now so if anyone has any questions about construction, Im always willing to lend a hand where possible.

and no doubt i'll have tons of pictures of my new guy when I get him tomorrow. so you can look forward to at least a couple showing up on here soon!

Thanks for having me ,

-Blair

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on your new tort, be sure to post pics when you can.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
You bred sand boas. I always have found them intrigueing. Had a kenya once. People would ask why I had a tank of sand, did something die and then I would feed. They were impressed. Called him Sha-Hulad from Dune.

Redfoot

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
bdoyle said:
Hey,

My name is Blair.
I live in Ontario, Canada.

Im picking up my young Sulcata tortoise tomorrow afternoon.

It will be my first tortoise, and I'm totally excited!.

I'm looking forward to actively participating on this forum , from what I've read there are some great people here.

I used to breed Ball pythons, Panther and Carpet Chameleons as well as African Sand Boas. So I'm not new to the herp scene. Just new to tortoise life.

Over the last week I have been building a custom tortoise enclosure for my young sulcata. I will be posting pictures and plans of the enclosure soon.

I've been making custom enclosures for reptiles for nearly 10 years now so if anyone has any questions about construction, Im always willing to lend a hand where possible.

and no doubt i'll have tons of pictures of my new guy when I get him tomorrow. so you can look forward to at least a couple showing up on here soon!

Thanks for having me ,

-Blair

Hi Blair
Congrats on your new arrival!
How is he? doing?
I love Sulcatas too. My friend in England has one and its great -it walked through the greenhouse glass a few times, quite the rebel!
It also will follow you for a banana and eats it skin and all in a few mouthfuls-I have pics if you would like to see it?
Now to see another Canadian tort owner on the forum-I'm in Manitoba and only joined yesterday-welcome
I would love any tips on building my redfoots a new enclosure.
Do you know of any reputable tortoise breeders in Canada?

Thanks and enjoy your sulcata and remember to take lots of pics as they change so much.
BYe for now

Status
Not open for further replies.