Hello to everyone looking for some advice. Is my tortoise male or female?

Is my Egyptian Tortoise Wasabi Male or Female?

• Male

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

polomaxima

Location (City and/or State)
Egypt, UK,
Hello. Your tortoise has a penis so it should be a male. Or both. Maybe the tort is undisclosed what he wants to be.:D
No, he is definitely male !
Thank you I thought so because of his long tail but this is the first time that I have seen his penis. I only got him a month ago from a friend that was leaving Egypt. I want to get another one so wanted to confirm as I will now get him a female friend.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Thank you I thought so because of his long tail but this is the first time that I have seen his penis. I only got him a month ago from a friend that was leaving Egypt. I want to get another one so wanted to confirm as I will now get him a female friend.

Tortoises do not make friends, and the most your male will do is harass the female. Tortoises should never be kept in pairs, so I would definitely just keep him alone, but if you really want to put more in, get two or more females. Just expect breeding, and make sure you have a larger than needed enclosure.

polomaxima

Egypt, UK,
Tortoises do not make friends, and the most your male will do is harass the female. Tortoises should never be kept in pairs, so I would definitely just keep him alone, but if you really want to put more in, get two or more females. Just expect breeding, and make sure you have a larger than needed enclosure.
Thanks for the good advise interesting that they dont make friends, I used to have some when I was young in the UK. So looks like I will need to get two more as you have suggeseted and both females. I would totally love to breed them as well. We have lot's of space here in Alexandria for them and the weather is fantastic. I will just need to find out where I can purchase them from locally as this one was given to me as a gift.

P

pguinpro

I think you are saying that if I go and purchase it might be hard to know if it is a female correct?
Yeah also making fun. [emoji6] Also that's the strangest pepe I've ever seen might want to do a google image search just to be sure.

polomaxima

Egypt, UK,
Yeah also making fun. [emoji6] Also that's the strangest pepe I've ever seen might want to do a google image search just to be sure.
I cannot find anything like this anywhere on google, so you have been around tortoises for a while and you haven't seen anything like this?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I cannot find anything like this anywhere on google, so you have been around tortoises for a while and you haven't seen anything like this?
It is quite common for a male to put out his penis like that when you pick him up.

polomaxima

Egypt, UK,
It is quite common for a male to put out his penis like that when you pick him up.
Ive done some more research it is flashing or fanning and as you said quite normal just a first for me. Now that I know that he is definately a male and maybe he is reading for mating :)

polomaxima

Egypt, UK,
Ive done some more research it is flashing or fanning and as you said quite normal just a first for me. Now that I know that he is definately a male and maybe he is reading for mating :)
He was also taking a bath so maybe it stimulated him