Hello Tortoise Forum members!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly-Molly

5 Year Member
Hello TFO members,

Our names are Paul & Vicky we live in Chester, England and have owned 2 female Horsefield tortoises named Milly and Molly both aged 2 for the last 5 months. We also have a 50 year old male Herman tortoise called George who is currently in hibernation.

We look forward to speaking to and learning more from like minded tortoise enthusiasts like yourselves. ;)

Below is a picture of the girls.

Paul & Vicky.

Milly&Molly..JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Paul and Vicky:

699305li3rl2c7t3.gif

to the forum!

We have several members here who live in the U.K. so even though the majority of our members are stateside, we should be able to help you with any problems you might have.

Your tortoises look very nice.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Welcome to the forum! :)

Your Chelonian chiclets are adorable. Are they able to spend a good portion of the year outside where you live? What county is Chester in?

I am an Anglophile and have visited your country several times, most recently in 2007 to tour Anfield with my daughter and then the Yorkshire Dales, the city of York, and of course London! A beautiful country with a fascinating history. ;)

Tell us more about your mature tortoise--has your family owned him since he was a juvenile?

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Very cute, I am also in the UK.. Nottinghamshire!
I would love to see a picture of george when he is awake!

x

Milly-Molly

5 Year Member
Many thanks to you all for the very warm welcome.

Stephanie - Unfortunately we've not had much of a chance to put them outdoors as the weather has been awful here since we got them back in September last year but we hope to move them outside when the weather warms up in a few months time (April-May). We plan to build a secure pen for them as we've read some terrible stories e.g. Magpies flying off with them.

Any tips on building a suitable pen would be very much appreciated.

Chester is in the county of Cheshire and is definately worth a visit when you're next here. Chester, also known as the "walled city" is an old Roman city as is York with plenty of history.

Are you a Liverpool fan then Stephanie?

We've had George for about 30 years, he was bought for me and my sister by our parents.

Kymiie, please find attached a couple of pictures of George taken last year in the summer months.

Attachments

• George8.jpg
    George8.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 24
  • George11.jpg
    George11.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 19

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Wow, George has a gorgeously smooth shell--quite the dapper gentleman, then. :cool:

Yes, I am an avid Liverpool supporter...though I wish this season would end quickly so we can pick up the pieces and put together a better picture for next year!! (And just last year we were so close to the Championship!) Do you follow football? Which team do you support? I am nutty about Premier League football and am deliberately converting American schoolchildren to the World's Game...;)

Please browse through the "Enclosures" section and you will see many beautiful and creative tortoise pens. Here are a couple recent threads with good photos: http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-12545.html , http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-12386.html , http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-12295-page-2.html. And here is my Taco's pen:

004.jpg

Milly-Molly

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome Danny and Dee.

Stephanie - Thanks for the link Vicky and I will have a good look through it and pinch a few ideas for our pen. Taco's pen look great by the way.

Many thanks for your kind comments on our George, we always thought he was a good looker. He is quite a character, if you're in the garden and he sees you he is over like a shot and won't leave you or your shoe alone ;)

Surprisingly I don't really follow football although I have been to a couple of Liverpool games over the years with friends, my last visit being the last game before they knocked down the Kop and made it all seating. I hope they improve next season for you and thrash Man U.

Regards
Paul.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Awww I love george, I have a hermann, a lady one ''crush'' but not as old as george!
Hes very handsome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.