Hello Totrtoise Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowmang

5 Year Member
Hello Tortoise Forum,
My name is Bowman, and I am the new keeper of two adorable Dalmatian Hermanns, courtesy of Bill Curtis.
I am a husband, father of three boys (ages 17, 3, 2), have three dogs (2 labs out at the farm and a yorkie-poo who lives inside), an African Grey ("Greybie") and a bunch of fish.
When I was a boy I had a box turtle wild caught named Joey, who loved cantaloupe more than anything. She died of stress when we moved, poor thing- lived in a 10 gal aquarium with a lightbulb for heat. What did I know, I was only 8. Now, 34 years later, a lifetime of wishing for a new "Joey" we have the new baby torts (how many box turtles have I found and freed since then? Dozens! When we find them now, with my boys, we seek out a good fat worm to feed before putting them back in the safe woods).
The new torts, tentatively named Flora and Fauna -or- Thelma and Louise -or- Spike and Slowpoke, have a nice large habitat with good basking, uv, and temp gradient, moss in their hide, and an aspen (in the warm end)/ cypress (in the cool end) substrate.
Many thanks to Bill Curtis, who is amazing to deal with over the internet and for raising really cute Hermanns, to HermanniChris, who has great care sheets, and to TerryO for being an enclosure and habitat artist.
This is a great forum with a ton of good information. I will be posting my husbandry questions soon!

Best,
Bowman

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Bowman:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Glad you made it here. May we know where you are?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I don't know much 'bout Hermans, but I raised 2 boys and a girl till they left for greener fields.

I care for countless fish, 8 birds, 3 GuinniPigs, 2 Salamanders, 1 CornSnake and 6 mice at work....

But only 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 Sulcata, 1 Florida KingSnake and 2 mice at home.

So, though I don't have much advice on raising Hermans... maybe I can welp somewhere else...

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum. Put up some pic's when you get time! Congrats on your new torts! :)

bowmang

5 Year Member
Here are my little gals. I hope that this works to post pics from the iPhone.

I am in Atlanta.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Bowman

Attachments

• image-1690786607.png
    image-1690786607.png
    905 KB · Views: 5
  • image-148070949.png
    image-148070949.png
    955 KB · Views: 6

bowmang

5 Year Member
Trying again....

Attachments

• image-1167167884.png
    image-1167167884.png
    955 KB · Views: 2
  • image-3722365001.png
    image-3722365001.png
    905 KB · Views: 4

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bowman: I've never tried to upload pictures from a phone, but most of us here use either tinypic.com or photobucket.com to show our pictures. These are free photo programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.