hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
I can tell it's a female by the shape of the part of the plastron (bottom shell) just above the tail. :D

Danny

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Nice looking tortoise. You have something pretty special there, I don't think there are too many of those around (could be wrong). Welcome and very nice lady there!

MollyNMM

5 Year Member
That's exciting news!!!

.. sadly I was hoping to create 1 male to 2 female ratio via expansion of our family.. now I'm concerned I won't be able to find another female and male - any thoughts??

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The only male I know of was sold by me (along with a female) to another member of the forum who had just gotten a female. So I only know of 4 so far. I have 2 of the same subspecies, but from a different part of the range so they look different. I've never seen any others of them and I have been looking for years now.

Danny

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
I thought so, a very rare animal indeed. You need to find a male and breed her!!!!

MollyNMM

5 Year Member
That was the plan! OK -

Danny - in my hunt - you mentioned a different range..? what specifically should I be looking for?

Heather

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You want to look for tortoises that look like your female and not like my pair. If you find some and aren't sure, get pictures and post them on the forum (Carapace and Plastron pictures) and we can give you an idea of what they are. :)

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.