Hello!

Ellie:)

Location (City and/or State)
Tyne and Wear
Hi all!

I got my 8 month old Russian tortoise on 25th February this year and I am already in love with him.
His name is Winston (I'm not sure whether he is a boy or girl yet but I'm going to call him Winston anyway!)
I've done a lot of research about Horsefield tortoises before I bought him but would still appreciate any help you can offer me as I understand and I am still very new to the tortoise world.
We are from the North East of England.

Thanks and bye :)

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
Welcome to the Forum. Post up some photo's do we can see your setup and of course your tortoise.

Ellie:)

Tyne and Wear
This is currently the only photo I have of his setup.

I know this substrate is not great for him and I am planning on changing it as soon as possible, he came with this setup and substrate so I was just sticking with it until I figured out what I wanted to use as there is a lot of controversial advice on that subject!

I think I'm going to use coconut coir for the substrate, would you recommend this? In the long run I will also be getting him a much larger tortoise table but he's only tiny at the moment so I think he's doing alright in there :) I've bought him a habba hut to hide under and I'm going to buy him an artificial plant as well but like I say I've only had him 4 days so haven't got him everything just yet!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27