Hello

lacrime

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,

I've been here asking questions and getting your help and it occurred to me that I never properly introduced myself. I'm Gokce, I'm from Turkey, more specifically the Mediterranean coast. It's very hot and humid during summer, so much so that it makes you forget what cold ever feels like :)

I've got a little one, Bicirik, who's-again, thanks to this forum I know this- an ibera Greek. We also got another one, bigger than Bicirik, we found him-or her, I'm still working on trying to understand gender- on the street, wandering around. We named him Kimble, after Richard Kimble because I find him escaping under the sunbed almost everyday.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all.

Attached is the picture of the two of them where I caught them having escaped under that sunbed yet again. I'm currently working on spotting their escape route so I can block it to keep them safe and sound in the garden.

- Gokce

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi @lacrime . :D And a special HI to your lovely torts! :<3: Nice to meet you all.;)

(By the way, I am quite near: I live in Jordan).

And a very warm welcome to the forum!

Taco*mom

Hello Gokce, I love your torts. They're beautiful. Cute names too! Warmest welcome to the forum!

Thevangang

Hello and welcome!!!!! Your torts are soooo adorable! I just joined this group also. Seems like a lot of very nice, kind, friendly and knowledgeable people round here ;). Look forward to seeing you around :)

lacrime

5 Year Member
Hi @Gillian Moore ! Remember me? :) How's Oli? *hugs*

Hey @Taco*mom ! Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

Hi @Thevangang !! Thank you, and welcome to you too! :) I agree, I discovered this forum when I was desperately trying to understand what was going on when Bicirik had RI. A lot of people offered advice, I was out of my mind with worry. But thankfully Bicirik is doing fine now and it's all thanks to these kind people. There aren't any vets who know anything about tortoises where I am so this forum was a godsend :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @Gillian Moore ! Remember me? :) How's Oli? *hugs*

Hey @Taco*mom ! Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

Hi @Thevangang !! Thank you, and welcome to you too! :) I agree, I discovered this forum when I was desperately trying to understand what was going on when Bicirik had RI. A lot of people offered advice, I was out of my mind with worry. But thankfully Bicirik is doing fine now and it's all thanks to these kind people. There aren't any vets who know anything about tortoises where I am so this forum was a godsend :)
Hi @lacrime :D nice to "see" you around. ;) Glad to know that Bicirik is well.:<3:

I have the same issue here, and if I'm not mistaken @Tidgy's Dad does as well: NO vets for torts here.:( It keeps me extremely worried. Oli is fine though very inactive due to a heatwave.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hello, Gökçe!

So nice to see someone else from Turkey on the forum! I'm near Izmir and like you I have two Greeks, Kristoff and Elsa.

I'm on the forum daily, reading about tort care, enclosures, safe foods. So many things to learn. I'm very new. :)

lacrime

5 Year Member
Urgh, I must've skipped the notifications here!

Hey @Gillian Moore ! Glad to hear Oli is fine, and hoping he'll get more active :) Kinda hard to be without any immediate help around, it's easy to panic if something happens. I wish there were more people aware of how to care for these animals so the could be safe and well taken care of if in need. Hey, hit me up anytime, hope all is well with you two! :)

Omg hey @Kristoff !! :) Such a nice surprise to see someone so close! I'm about to move to Istanbul for the winter and currently on the hunt for any and all info about how to care for them indoors. Do you keep yours in the house? Much love to Kristoff and Elsa by the way :) I try to educate myself also, so anything you wanna share or simply talk, just send me a message!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

Hey @Gillian Moore ! Glad to hear Oli is fine, and hoping he'll get more active :) Kinda hard to be without any immediate help around, it's easy to panic if something happens. I wish there were more people aware of how to care for these animals so the could be safe and well taken care of if in need. Hey, hit me up anytime, hope all is well with you two! :)

Omg hey @Kristoff !! :) Such a nice surprise to see someone so close! I'm about to move to Istanbul for the winter and currently on the hunt for any and all info about how to care for them indoors. Do you keep yours in the house? Much love to Kristoff and Elsa by the way :) I try to educate myself also, so anything you wanna share or simply talk, just send me a message!

Hi! Nice to hear form you and hope you're well.:D

Thank GOD , the heat wave eased, but it's still rather hot, especially in the sun.:rolleyes: Oli's better. I guessed it was the heat wave...GOODNESS, when temperature reaches 37 degrees C during the day and "DROPS" to 22-23 degrees C, that really is hot!

Oh yes, it's hard and worrying not to have tort vets here. :( Thanks so much your kindness. Appreciate it.:<3:

Love,
Gillian and Oli!