Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Is that your Aldabran tortoise in your avatar picture?

K_Andy

Florida
My aldabras are not mature yet (2004 hatchlings) the Galapogos tortoises are offspring from my tortoise but my name is never mentioned when people speak of the line. It's always "Jerry and Ken" Jerry jas always done all the work there but the male is indeed half my guy. I actually raised him before he went to AZ. Where he was very spoiled and cared well for.

Screenshot_20180118-111330.jpg

Alaskamike

South Florida
Welcome. It’s great to have experienced keepers here , especially with the Gallops & Adabras. I encourage you to start a thread on the Aldabra threads. We all enjoy seeing what others do & learn.

I’m in South Florida with a 4yo Aldabra. Usually great weather for her, but this morning I woke to 32f

Crazy cold for us.
Good fortune to you.

K_Andy

Florida
Thank you. It Was 28 here last night. This is miserable. I am a native Floridian that lived in Vegas for 16 years and just came back. 2 years ago. The BEST thing about that is the animals can usually stay outside here year around. But I didn't trust my heating elements for these temps. I would not have slept at all. I should not complain though. At least our cold snaps are short lived.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My aldabras are not mature yet (2004 hatchlings) the Galapogos tortoises are offspring from my tortoise but my name is never mentioned when people speak of the line. It's always "Jerry and Ken" Jerry jas always done all the work there but the male is indeed half my guy. I actually raised him before he went to AZ. Where he was very spoiled and cared well for.

View attachment 228032
He is so cute.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA

View attachment 228032

Oh yes. I’ve seen video of your male. What is your agreement with Jerry? Do you get half the eggs?

K_Andy

Florida
Oh yes. I’ve seen video of your male. What is your agreement with Jerry? Do you get half the eggs?
My agreement is actually with Ken now. I do get babies from Ken and my half. Since we have joint ownership of the male. He is a great tortoise and it was really hard for me to let him go but happy that it all worked out and that we have had such breeding success. I have never made a big deal publicly about it because it doesn't really matter and also like with any breeding loan if the animal is with the other person then that person is doing all the work. We just own him. But Jerry is the one that deserves the credit for the success. If that makes sense. :)

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
There is a calendar contest here every year. Top cutest pics are picked for the yearly calendar. Your photo above would be a winner I bet. Adorable.