Hello

RachelP

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi all. My name is Rachel, and I am located in Phoenix, Arizona. I don't currently own a tortoise, but I am planning on owning one by the end of the year, so I am looking forward to learning as much as I can before I own one. I am going to be getting a Russian tortoise ideally.

N

no one

Welcome Rachel!! You will know everything you need to know by the end of this year to be a good Tortoise mum if read everything you can on this forum.

Destben

Kansas
Welcome! We look forward to seeing your little one when you get him/her.

RachelP

Phoenix, Arizona
Hi Rachel
View attachment 232915
What is it you like about Russians ?
I like how cute they are, for one. I also like the size, because I live with my dad currently, but once I am on my own I think a smaller animal would be more manageable for me, at least for a while. I think they also are just really neat, and I had a friend who had one once and I fell in love.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I like how cute they are, for one. I also like the size, because I live with my dad currently, but once I am on my own I think a smaller animal would be more manageable for me, at least for a while. I think they also are just really neat, and I had a friend who had one once and I fell in love.

Yeah, they’re great! Just keep in mind, a Russian needs an 8x4 foot minimum enclosure, usually a table. We have a bunch of threads to help you build it!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome to the forum! Russians may be small but they are very active. You will still need a good-sized enclosure for them.