Hello

Mandamummy

Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire
hello

New member just got my 1st tortoise. Hes been with us 3 days now and he is already a big part of our family.

Say hello to Taco my new baby he’s 2 years old

Amanda

Attachments

• 198B4F27-B9AD-4682-94D0-87A5967C3EF9.jpeg
    198B4F27-B9AD-4682-94D0-87A5967C3EF9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Be sure to read our care sheets under the Russian section. Taco is very cute and being an adult will need an enclosure that is minimum of 4x8 feet. If you don't have room for that size, a two level enclosure works.

Mandamummy

Yorkshire
We have room my husband is in the process of building one as we speak and an outside area ready for play time in the summer. I know this is a small area its the one the previous owner had him in. I think its way too small, he will have plenty of room to play in the next few days and will have open top, if I had my way he’d have full roam of the whole downstairs of my house (maybe when my kids leave home)

Lark_Tortoise

5 Year Member
Ct
Welcome! He's one cute tort!
Also, I may be wrong but the substrate in the photo looks a little dry. Coco coir or fine-grade orchid bark is better. Sorry if I'm wrong.:p
Good luck! -Lark :D

EdMurphy

Minnesota
Welcome Amanda and enjoy your new found friend. Do your homework, there's a lot of information out there on proper care, some good and some not so good.
The worst information I received was from the pet store I bought mine and some of the better information I found was on this site.