Hello

TommyTort19

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire
Hi,

I have recently got a Red Foot Tortoise and named him Tommy Shelby and have never owned a tortoise before. If anyone has any tips that would be great, Thank you :)

20190726_071146.jpg IMG_20190724_212409_860.jpg

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Hello from Florida, and welcome to the forum!

Take a look at the care sheets in the species specific section. Other redfoot keepers will be able to help you with questions.

I had to look at the picture a couple times before I saw the base at the foot of the artificial plant and realized it wasn't real... And I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief! If it was REAL, I would have told you to remove it from the enclosure IMMEDIATELY. The real version of that plant is a euphorbia and highly toxic.

TommyTort19

Lancashire
Hello from Florida, and welcome to the forum!

Take a look at the care sheets in the species specific section. Other redfoot keepers will be able to help you with questions.

I had to look at the picture a couple times before I saw the base at the foot of the artificial plant and realized it wasn't real... And I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief! If it was REAL, I would have told you to remove it from the enclosure IMMEDIATELY. The real version of that plant is a euphorbia and highly toxic.

Thank you!

Yeah it's an artificial plant, i am going to look at getting a real one (not this type) soon.