hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sick_lids

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ada, oklahoma
hello, im Josh and im awaiting the arrival of my first sulcata tortoise! its a hatchling! i have 6 daughters, 5 fish tanks filled with South american and central american cichlids, a terrarium with tree frogs, and 2 red eared sliders!!

i have done alot of research on the sully, but would still like to know more, i know about the substrate mixture, the heating, uvb and uva, i am going to use a sweater keeper rubbermaid type thing, long but not too deep. any other information would be greatly appreciated!!! i have joined 3 other groups, but they dont seem to know alot on there! so hopefully i have found a good forum to learn from now!! thanks in advance!!!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum sick_lids. I like the play on your screen name :D Sounds like you have most things covered,
What you didn't cover in your intro was; Humidity, Hide, Diet, calcium and vits.
These should be covered in the above links that Jen provided you.
Hatchlings can be soaked in tepid water with Vita Sol (bird liquid vit).
Any specific questions feel free to ask. Looking forward to pic of your little one and its new home.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Aren't hatchlings adorable? Sounds like your on your way to making him one happy fella once he arrives. Do you have an arrival date? Welcome. :)

sick_lids

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
ada, oklahoma
well, i found out today that Tank will not be coming this week, or next week for that matter! really sux! but he should be here by the end of the month. i already got all the stuff for him set up and everything!
i know the temps should be about 90 on the hot side and 75 on the cool, calcium with d3 on his greens, and he has a half log for hiding, plus i will build some stone caves siliconed together.
now humidity, do i need to mist his box daily? i have to do that with my tree frogs so it wouldnt be that difficult. at what should his humidity be? i know sullys like dandelions, and we have tons of them growing in the yard, untreated so no worries there!

Status
Not open for further replies.