Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital

5 Year Member
Wanted to say Hi to everyone in the forum. Long time reader, first time poster. Located in Toronto, Canada. Proud owner of a almost 1 year old Hermann tortoise. I'm not sure if he's western or eastern yet, but maybe you guys can help me find out :)

Currently he is living in a glass terrarium but that's going to change. I have plans of making him 2 enclosures. One indoor and one outdoor. Been trying to learn as much as I can about everything but it does get overwhelming and a lot of the info on the net and in books contradicts itself. He eats, poops and sleeps alot, so he seems healthy. He Gets a good variety of leafy greens and homegrown weeds.

I am interested in planting some kind of plants that he wont try to eat, because the little blighter likes to eat everything, that can provide him with some shade spots and help retaining some humidity.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Digital:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Digital

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Digital:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Mike sounds good, and my tortoise is named Ty

here's a pic of when we first got him, You guys see the little bowtie just above his head :p Thats why we named the :tort: Ty hehehe

I will upload more pics of him in the hermann forum so that he can be identified

Attachments

• 2011-10-01 10.59.04.jpg
    2011-10-01 10.59.04.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 16

nickercrombie

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! I love the bowtie, and the fact you used an Oreo to show how small he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.