Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginger13

5 Year Member
I live in central Ohio. I am receiving my degree in Animal Sciences. As a reward to myself for not having a pet for the past 4 years, I have decided to get myself a tortoise. I am interested in the cherry-head red-foot tortoises. I have been looking up information for the past few months. I was planning on going to the All Ohio reptile show in a few weeks, as I have been unable to find what I am looking for. Would you recommend going to the reptile show, or avoiding it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Ginger13!!

By all means, go to the reptile shows. I love going to the shows. But they never have any close enough for me to go.

We have several folks here on the forum who sell cherry heads too. Look through the "sold" and "for sale" sections and make a note of the usernames, then contact them to see if they have any for sale right now.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Welcome to the form! Reptile shows are a great place to buy =] I have a cherry head and my little guy is great! Hope you find what you are looking for!

ginger13

5 Year Member
Thanks for the advice. I am trying to avoid having one shipped, as I am not home during the hours it would arrive. The reptile show is this coming Saturday. Any tips on what I should look for to better my chances of getting a healthy tortoise? I know I should look for bright eyes and one that doesn't feel hollow, but is there anything else I could look for? (And I have already located a vet to take it to for a check for parasites. How soon should I do that?)

Status
Not open for further replies.