Hello!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheloniac

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greensboro, NC, US
Hello, I'm Melanie and I'm kinda known to everyone as The Turtle Girl. :tort: I'm obsessed with anything and everything turtle-related. My dream is to move closer to the NC coast and help out with sea turtle conservation. I'm originally from West Virginia, but happily now live in Greensboro, NC with my darling husband John and my cat Desiree. I adopted 2 female Eastern Box Turtles today from a local rescue center!! I've owned turtles in the past, but these are my first boxies. The smaller one is named Blaze and my husband is naming the other one when he gets home this evening. Anyway, more about me -- I'm unemployed for health reasons, but have been a Pharmacy Technician for 12 years and I love doing photography, graphic design, web design and singing in my spare time. :D

IMG_1780.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Melanie!

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Hello Welcome,

Be very careful owning box turtles can infect you with the disease to want more box turtles. Box turtles are fantastic creatures.
This is a very good group to ask any questions or span the threads. There is very little judgment and always an interest in helping you raise happy healthy animals.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Welcome, and plan to spend time reading posts :)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to tfo! I'm instantly friends with anyone who rescues turtles or tortoises. Thank you for your generous heart

cheloniac

5 Year Member
Greensboro, NC, US
kanalomele said:
Welcome to tfo! I'm instantly friends with anyone who rescues turtles or tortoises. Thank you for your generous heart

Same here...I judge the quality of person by whether or not they care about turtles, lol. Okay, I don't base it solely on that, but I love to meet kindred spirits. :tort:

I can't believe I didn't post this before...I'm quite proud of it. This is the back of my car (a red VW Beetle named Miss Scarlet):

MissScarlet.jpg

(and yes, I get honked at!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.