Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

eamkkm

5 Year Member
I have been reading a few weeks but just joined. Greetings to all,

I am the new guardian of a baby marginated tortoise. S/he (not sexed yet) was hatched on May 15, 2012 so is about 10 months old. He has been living with me for about a month. He came from a very reputable reptile shop. He has a nice, large habitat with a shredded bark substrate, hiding cave, stones to walk over, a couple of cactus plants, a water bath/drinking source with a couple of steps he can walk down to.

I am feeding him mixed organic greens, dandelion greens, occasional bit of kale daily. Every couple of days he gets a tortoise pellet (Mazuri) softened in water. Every 2 days his food is dusted with calcium, one a week with a multivit. He has a combo lamp which is about at 90 degrees F.

He spends most of his time buried down in the substrate. Every couple of days he eats all his food. In between he eats some. Once in awhile he eats pretty well none. I then give him a small bath, he poops and then will eat the next day. I am not finding poop in the habitat although it is large compared to him and maybe it is buried. He seems a bit skittish but likes when I tickle under his neck.

Does this behaviour sound okay? We live in Toronto so he is indoors.

Thanks.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome..im sorry I dont know anything about marinated torts...but im sure someone will come along soon with answers for you.......

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't help much with your species either. However, check that the temps and whatever the humdiith might be are all correct. Don't assume, check. Actually a good thing is to check them often. I do mine about once a week, just to make sure. The poop might be getting eaton. Oh, yes, they will eat it. If someone doesn't come on that owns marginateds that can help you further, send Kerryann a pm with your concerns.
Hello and Welcome:)

Char

5 Year Member
jacksonville fl
Hello,
I don't know anything about your little guy but would love to see pictures if you can post some. :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. Have you checked the search feature? Threads will show up related to your specie. You may want to check that out while you wait for someone who has marginated tortoise to chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.