Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleybobl

5 Year Member
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Haley and I currently have a variety of animals. I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 7 rescue parrots, 5 chameleons, and 1 sulcata tortoise that I recently obtained. Came here for research and ideas of course! :)

spring pace

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
topanga, california
welcome haley, youll get a lot of support here. sulcatas are wonderful big lugs. stay close, youll learn all kinds of things about your sulcata and how to take care of it. smiles, galileo & spring

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Haley:

728984ceq4aru91w.gif

to the forum!

Yvonne

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum! You have quite a variety of animals! Sulcatas are tons of fun!

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi Haley, welcome to the forum...I am so glad to see more people who keep Sulcata joining our group...please lets us know if we can be of any help...

haleybobl

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Biggest issue right now is picking out a name. My boyfriend is insisting that his name be "Turtle", but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Upstate NY
haleybobl said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Biggest issue right now is picking out a name. My boyfriend is insisting that his name be "Turtle", but I just can't bring myself to do it.
I named my Greek tortoise Turtle :D He's a goof. lol
Welcome!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Salutations Haley!

Welcome to TFO, and yes, this is surely the right place to get info, advice and lots of long-distance support for you and your new sully. That's awesome that you rescue parrots and such ~ good for you! Is your new shelled family member a rescue too?

Perhaps if you posted a pic or two, others might be able to help ya pick out a fitting name for your tort..? Just an idea, and we all love pictures around here, lol, and no 'reason' is needed for that, right? :)

Hopefully you have plenty of room for your un-named bud ~ Lord knows that sulcatas get big and powerful quickly. Congrats on him/her ~ You should have a fantastic time getting acquainted!

Be Well,
Purpod

haleybobl

5 Year Member
My sulcata is not a rescue. I purchased him from Tyler at Blue Beast. I need to get some pictures of him, as he is adorable. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Haley picking the right name for a new friend is often difficult Lord knows it takes me forever to find the right name for my little friends. I just named one and I've had it since Sept.2008. Gave him a nick name of Golden- Because hes a Golden Greek but now have come upon the name Pumpkin Head, Pumpkin for short. Cause he as this beautiful orange spot on the top of his head and for the past several months I've just started calling him/her Pumpkin. So I'm sorry I don't think I'll be any help in the nameing department :( but lots of good Ideas from people here. :)

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Haley ~

It's nice to know this critter was just for you 'cuz you wanted to ~ altho you still get kudos for your rescuing!! :cool:

And Stace, LOL, Wrinkle or Wrinkles is a great name for a tort, LOL!

Blessings to all,
:p Purpod

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Of course the problem with naming him/her turtle, is that when you get more than one ( and you will), do you start calling the others turtle 2 and turtle 3 and so on and so on? lol welcome and take time picking his name here are some suggestions though, tank, captain destructo, smasher, enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.