Hello!!

Lillysmytort

Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
[attachment=65904Hello...

As my ID says, Lilly is my beautiful RT! She is new to the family, and I am a first time "tort mom", though I have been a turtle/tortoise lover my whole life (this has even bled over in my Facebook page as I scour the internet and post new pics and post them as "Daily turtle" pics:p)

My dear girl makes me smile everyday! Allow me to tell you a bit about her... She is nothing short of, well, awesome! She is in a large TEMPORARY rubbermade house (as I am looking for a bookcase to convert into a table for her). She is still very shy, though tonight while playing cards with my family playing a hand of SkipBo, she pooped, no doubt because we were winning! We had a very nice chat while folding laundry this morning, we decided on chicken for dinner (mine, not hers) and pink nail polish for toes is far better than red (again, mine not hers). By the end of the conversation, she was out of her room (her hide) and she was out of her shell looking at me. Baby steps, we have many many years together!!

I'm hoping that I can post a picture so you can see the most lovely RT in the universe... I'm convinced of it!!

Thank you for doing all of this... It will be a huge help I'm sure!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 47

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I love how excited your writing makes you sound like you are! Hi and welcome to TFO! So what made you take the big step from lover to caretaker?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I so totally agree with Jacqui. Your excitement for your new family member and the day you shared together put a big smile on my face. So happy you love your tortoise and you joined our crazy group.

Lillysmytort

Vermont
Jacqui said:
:D I love how excited your writing makes you sound like you are! Hi and welcome to TFO! So what made you take the big step from lover to caretaker?

It was just time Tom... Pictures were just a gate way drug I guess, I'm on to the hard stuff!

What about you? Tell me about your first tort love...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Love the Duck Dynasty mug. I gave my SIL a couple talking stuffed Duck Dynasty 'dolls' for Christmas.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I have to say the RT got a good hand.