HELP! ANY BREEDERS. I NEED ADVISE

tortoiseluv4

Location (City and/or State)
CA
Hi.
I’m new to this site. Just got adult female a week ago who had her 3rd clutch mid April. It’s so cold out I did not know if there is a way to bring her inside and help her have her babies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The eggs need to be incubated if it's cold out. She does not need to be with the eggs. They lay them and leave them to never go back too them. They dont take care of them. She does need to be able to warm herself up though under a 95-100 degree area to properly digest her food
What species is'she and where do you live and what are your day and night temps?

tortoiseluv4

CA
Advise please. I’m new to this site. I just got a female about a week ago who has already had 3 clutches. Her last clutch was mid April. ( she has not had any with me yet) it’s cold out so I’m afraid she won’t lay another clutch. Is there any way to bring her In and maybe the heat lamp with a big box of dirt will help. I’m sorry if my wording is not correct. She is very healthy. I read online something about putting her in a box for an hour at a certain temperature will assist her in laying if she is ready. I thought I would ask y’all since you are more experienced. She is a sulcata

tortoiseluv4

CA
IMG_2446.jpg. Put a sulcata in box with heat lamp and light and they will lay there eggs??

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sometimes lots of people do it

tortoiseluv4

CA
Sometimes lots of people do it

I just recently got a new Tortoise. The last clutch she had was mid April. It is colder where I live so I’m wondering if she will not have any more clutches because of that. Do you have any suggestions?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I just recently got a new Tortoise. The last clutch she had was mid April. It is colder where I live so I’m wondering if she will not have any more clutches because of that. Do you have any suggestions?
You can try the above but it could take a long time, they're very picky about where they lay their eggs

tortoiseluv4

CA
What I want the lightbulb to produce light or for it to just be dark and have heat

tortoiseluv4

CA
The eggs need to be incubated if it's cold out. She does not need to be with the eggs. They lay them and leave them to never go back too them. They dont take care of them. She does need to be able to warm herself up though under a 95-100 degree area to properly digest her food
What species is'she and where do you live and what are your day and night temps?

She recently had 3 clutches prior to me rescuing her. Her last clutch was mid April. It is warmer were I picked her up to where I am. Have you heard of people putting tortoise in box with heat lamp. I’ll send u link. IMG_2456.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have not heard about putting them in a box. You can try to build a nesting space but for and adult/egg laying size sully it would have too be big and deep at least 12 inches with dirt.
@Yvonne G or @Tom @Markw84 may be able to give more help

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What part of CA are you in?

The tortoise needs access to the outdoors, and it should have a heated night box out there to retreat to.

I've never heard of the technique that you posted above and don't know if it would work for a sulcata. Unless you live in Mammoth CA, with snow everywhere, you should be able to house the tortoise outside and let it lay where it wants to.