Help! Bonnie is starting to decline?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
@shawnateerow I think they're trying to cheer you up! ?
How are you, Bonnie and Clyde doing?

Please tell me you're being super careful on biosecurity so the new guy doesn't get infected with anything Bonnie and Clyde may have. It seems like you have your hands full!

shawnateerow

Maurice

Please tell me you're being super careful on biosecurity so the new guy doesn't get infected with anything Bonnie and Clyde may have. It seems like you have your hands full!

I am..Shellman and the 2 bunnies stay in a pen about 100 feet behind the house.

And UPDATE..today was day 4 of baytril and fluid injections and Bonnie is eating!!!! She opened her mouth for the dropper ?? first time in days!!!!

AgataP

Seattle, WA

Ah yes definitely trying to put a little smile in this hard time with little guys. ❤️

Ps. I wound be careful with the rabbit as well. Many of them are prone to bacterial infections. How I know - oh whole rabbit research few years back when I had a very ill rabbit.

Mikayla777

Texas
I brought Bonnie with me to work because ill be sleeping here the next 2 nights doing hurricane relief. Shes getting worse. Her weight wS staying 34-37 g, mostly 35. Yesterday was 32. Eyes open closed alot the last couple days, she's lacking energy because she can't eat enough. She will only eat a few mouthfuls at a time because she's having so much trouble swallowing it. Her throat looks a little swollen and red beneath the skin. This morning I found what looks like tried blood on the bottom left side of her mouth. Assuming that will make her more resistant to eat. I see probably 5 or 6 tiny yellow bumps popped up. Any help would be great!! And suggestions to help her eat?
[/QUO

Im not sure what is wrong with her, but I can tell you what I did when my baby sulcata hatchling was sick, and it brought her back to life. I gave her daily baths in 1/2 pedialyte 1/2 water and also used a product called REPTAID on Amazon. Both those things did wonders and thanks be to God, my prayers were answered. Also, make sure you arent using one of those uvb COIL bulbs. They almost killed my baby Sulcata.

I hope and pray Bonnie gets healed.❤? Please try these things.

shawnateerow

Maurice
Thank you! As for big boy and the bunnies, they are loving life out here

Attachments

• 20201019_122904.jpg
    20201019_122904.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201018_175142.jpg
    20201018_175142.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201018_175123.jpg