Help!? Going away for a month, can somebody watch my sully?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
So, Me and my soon to be husband are going away for a month, to get married! but we are going all the way to Michigan, and we cant afford to bring Ted with us sadly. We currently live in Lemon Grove, CA and have no way of taking him to Michigan =\\ I wish I could get married with the little guy right by our sides, not going to be the same without him there.

Since we can barely afford to even go out to Michigan, we cant afford to have him out there either, and since we recently moved out here, I'm not exactly comfortable leaving him in the care of some people I barely know.

I was wondering/hoping somebody on the TFO could take him for about a month or so (I know its a slim chance, but I would trust you guys more than I would trust anybody else really.) I'm going to be gone around April 5th till the 22nd or 23rd, I know its sort of a big time space for us to be gone, but I really have no other option =\ I don't have much money obviously, but I could give you a little bit for it. Just send me a private message, or reply to the thread, I hope somebody will pull through for us =]] preferably somebody close haha

Thank you!!
PB290127.JPG

his size is from head to butt, 6 1/2 inches
from side to side wrapped around all the way is 12inches

Last edited by a moderator:

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I would be willing to ... but I'm not very close. I about 30 miles east of LA if you want to drive him up here ...

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
just wondering why you think you cant afford to bring him with? it will cost the same if not more to leave him back with someone else. If you are driving you can make up a nice little home with heat lamp and bring him with, Throw some coco coir in a 30 -45 gallon tote, a hide and water dish and you should be set for a month, bring some mazuri and greens if you want, If you are flying that is a different story you will deff have to have somone watch him. Might be worth the drive to meet Kimber lee if you cant find anyone else. good luck!

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
We arent driving, sorry i should have stated that before, i wish we were driving =\ we are taking a greyhound bus there and back, it's the cheapest way for us to get out there considering we are like completely broke haha

man i wish we were driving, ill be almost 8 months pregnant by the time we leave haha

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
ooooooh boy!!! 8 months pregnant on a bus!!! that shoulds like a trip all on its own, haha you are going to enjoy that alot! have you compared the cost of a small rental car since you will most likely need one once you get their. or do you have family their that will be transporting you around? We recently just went to florida, normally fly their but wanted to take my sulcata with us, because its hard to trust friends to care for him like i do, It was a 16 hour trip their, he did perfecly fine for the drive in the little home i set him up with, we were their for 2 weeks, although he was happy to be back in his 4x8 tort table.

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Im just a hop, skip & a jump from disneyland if you like to leave him here !

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
Sorry i never got back with anybody, we decided to scrape up enough money to bring the lil guy, we are gunna rent a car and go there =] but i really want to thank you guys for the speedy responses and everything <3

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
check for whatever permits, health cert you may need to get across all state lines.. dont want him confiscated or mistook for a species that isnt allowed or forbidden...
i really think its best to leave him home if you can.. boxed up and travleing is stressful for ones that dont hibernate...

wildak

5 Year Member
Fedex through "ship your reptile". should'nt cost $35 for that little guy.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Good luck hope you all have a great time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.