HELP-I’m afraid my baby just died in front of me?

Henry’s mom

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa FL
I'm so sorry for your loss?
The same happened to me, you know? I had a small hingeback, a different colour than one from the same clutch. He never ate. After many carrot soaks and raised temperatures, he passed. I realised later that without my added care, that I found on on the forum, he wouldn't have made it that far, he lived three weeks after I got him. In my honest opinion, I do believe you did the same. You added a month to his lifetime that he would never have had, due to the way he was started by the breeder.
Torts are for life, and in the rare occasion where it is reversed, I do believe the same love, or perhaps greater can be found.
Thanks for caring for him, giving him the most love he could possibly have received?
Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I greatly appreciate it. I’m glad that I’ve learned so much from everyone here. I just wish I would have done the proper research before I got him.

It won’t be anytime soon, but maybe eventually I’ll get another one someday and if so I’d like to find someone on here that is a trusted breeder. So sad right now. I’m sure it’s hard to believe I’d be so attached after only 4 months but I am. Thanks again everyone.

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
Hi. Unfortunately he did not make it. I waited 48 hours with no movement even with soaking him two more days and trying everything I could. I took him yesterday to be cremated so I can have his ashes back. Heartbroken. ??
I'm so sorry. Big hugs to you. You did your darndest to give him a chance to live.